Kevin Jordan is a former Game Designer at Blizzard Entertainment. He was one of three original game designers on the World of Warcraft team, after Allen Adham and Eric Dodds. He co-invented and drew the concept for all systems that the game would end up having. He was also the inspiration to introduce two factions (Horde and Alliance) into the game, as well as to have PvP system in World of Warcraft.
His work later, post 2003, focused around Class design. He designed all 9 classes from scratch, and all the abilities and spells in vanilla World of Warcraft. He was also the originator of the talent system, designed all talents and iterated on them through next years. He worked on classes until 2010 to the end of Wrath of the Lich King.
He spoke at the BlizzCon 2007 World of Warcraft Class Discussion panel.
Kevin Jordan was interviewed by the "Countdown To Classic" podcast discussing classes and abilities during vanilla World of Warcraft's development:
- Episode #73 – Ex-WoW Designer Kevin Jordan On Classes, Abilities + Classic, October 4, 2018
- Episode #95 – Classic News, Ex-WoW Dev Talks Warriors + AQ40, March 12, 2019
- Episode #96 – PvP News, WoW Class Designer Talks Mages, & The Unwritten Rules Of Vanilla WoW, March 20, 2019
- Episode #97 – Mute Speaks, Kevin Jordan on Druids, Loot Trading, RP-PVP, & AV, March 27, 2019
- ^ abEsfand 2018-10-15. ClassiCast #16 - Class Design with Vanilla Developer Kevin Jordan. YouTube.