|The subject of this article was removed in patch 4.0.3a but remains in World of Warcraft: Classic.
|Level||59 (Requires 51)|
|Experience||1600 EXP (or 9 60 at level 70)|
Listen as Kharan Mighthammer tells his story.
- Kharan's Tale
Please, hear me out before passing judgement!
As you can see, there was nothing I could have done.
Upon completion of this quest you will gain:
- 1600 XP (or 9 60 at level 70)
- All is lost...
All is not lost, Kharan!
- Then listen well, <race>.
- Several months ago, the Magistrate of Lakeshire sent envoys to Ironforge, pleading with the King for assistance with the Blackrock incursions coming from Redridge and the Burning Steppes.
- Princess Moira volunteered to help, against my pleadings. I was assigned twenty elite guardsmen to protect the Princess through the perilous journey from the Loch to Lakeshire.
- <Kharan clears his throat.>
- We made our way through the Searing Gorge tunnel and into the ravaged wasteland comprising the gorge. In retrospect, things were eerily quiet. The only dangers we ran across were the wildlife of the region: Creatures that my men easily dispatched.
- We reached Blackrock Mountain with relative ease and made our way through the stonewrought construction without so much as a hiccup.
So what happened?
- As we were making our way across the Burning Steppes, we were ambushed. It must have been a hundred of them... Dark Iron Dwarves! They were shifting out of the walls, from the rocks in the Steppes; out of every crevice, nook, and cranny in sight. They swarmed us, overwhelming the guards and the few brave heroes that had agreed to assist us on this mission.
- One thing was clear: This was a highly orchestrated ambush. It was as if they knew every move we would make before we made them...
So you suspect that someone on the inside was involved? That they were tipped off?
- How else could this have happened? Someone must have tipped the Dark Irons off.
- <Kharan shakes his fist at you.>
- So help me, if I ever get out of here, I will spend the rest of my days finding the traitor.
Continue with your story please.
- Where was I? Oh, yes, so we were captured. My elite guards men were captured on the spot. They spared me and took the princess away by way of ram. I was taken to the detention halls of the Slag Pit and then transferred to this prison.
- I can only assume I am still alive because they wish to extract a ransom for my pitiful life. Or maybe out of cruelty, as a way to let me forever play back the events that transpired in my mind. Regret is the cruelest jailor of all, <race>.
- She now resides at the side of Emperor Thaurissan. He has her under some sort of powerful thought altering spell... and here I sit, completely helpless.
The door is open, Kharan. You are a free man.