Kharanos is a bustling little town nestled among the mountain peaks of Dun Morogh. The town is surrounded by the stark wintry wilds of Dun Morogh, so adventure is a common commodity and some of the less tenacious folk in town might pay good coin to complete various tasks in the surrounding region. Kharanos is home to a large forge, a gnomish workshop, and the famous Thunderbrew Distillery, where adventurers can sit down and drink some of the best ale available in the world.
For all its quaint charm, Kharanos is a hub of military activity, defending against all manner of threats in the region. Directly to the west is a large cavern inhabited by fierce wendigo. To the northwest, the Frostmane trolls have rooted themselves atop Shimmer Ridge. Kharanos is where all new recruits fresh from Anvilmar report to begin their adventures in earnest.
Once, a giant Frostmane troll attacked the town and almost killed every dwarf. Only Lazlo Grindwidget was able to defeat the troll and thus was honored as a hero of Kharanos. Shortly before the Shattering of the world, earthquakes hit Kharanos. All the citizens were rescued by Rohan, Anduin Wrynn and some members of the Alliance.
During the Legion Invasions, the town was invaded by the demons. It was defended by the Council of Three Hammers, guards, and adventurers of the Alliance and Horde. Several citizens were rescued, while others were inspired to battle as well.
- Tharek Blackstone
- Ragnar Thunderbrew
- Jarven Thunderbrew
- Senir Whitebeard
- Razzle Sprysprocket
- Branstock Khalder
- Dannie Fizzwizzle
- Innkeeper Belm
- Brolan Galebeard <Gryphon Master>
- Shelby Stoneflint <Stable Master>
- Ironforge Mountaineer
- Boran Ironclink <Armorer>
- Gamili Frosthide <Cloth & Leather Armor Merchant>
- Golorn Frostbeard <Tradesman>
- Grawn Thromwyn <Weaponsmith>
- Kreg Bilmn <General Supplies>
- Loslor Rudge <Engineering Supplies> - at Steelgrill's Depot
- Milli Featherwhistle <Mechanostrider Merchant> - at Steelgrill's Depot
- Thrawn Boltar <Blacksmithing Supplies>
- Class Trainers
- Grif Wildheart <Hunting Trainer> - on top of a hill just south of the inn
- Azar Stronghammer <Paladin Trainer> - in the Thunderbrew Distillery inn, on the landing
- Magis Sparkmantle <Mage Trainer> - in the Thunderbrew Distillery inn, on the landing
- Maxan Anvol <Priest Trainer> - in the Thunderbrew Distillery inn
- Halbin Frosthammer <Shaman Trainer> - in the Thunderbrew Distillery inn
- Hogral Bakkan <Rogue Trainer> - in the Thunderbrew Distillery inn, back in the kitchen
- Gimrizz Shadowcog <Warlock Trainer> - at a tiny camp on the hillside just south of the inn
- Granis Swiftaxe <Warrior Trainer> - in the Thunderbrew Distillery inn
- Profession Trainers
- Tognus Flintfire <Blacksmithing Trainer> - in the smithy
- Bronk Guzzlegear <Engineering Trainer> - at Steelgrill's Depot
- Yarr Hammerstone <Mining Trainer> - at Steelgrill's Depot
- Gremlock Pilsnor <Cooking Trainer> - in the Thunderbrew Distillery inn, back in the kitchen
- Thamner Pol <First Aid Trainer> - in the Thunderbrew Distillery inn
- Binjy Featherwhistle <Riding Trainer> - at Steelgrill's Depot
In the RPG
Aside from Ironforge, Kharanos is the largest settlement in Dun Morogh. The town's steep roofs and sturdy wooden architecture are surrounded by a stone wall that keeps monsters at bay. Kharanos' dwarves are expert hunters and take special joy in using their long rifles to bring down timber wolves. This town, in Coldridge Valley, is a welcome sight to a weary traveler.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Flight path and Mountaineer tents added.