Moments later, as Illidan stands triumphant, a massive storm of fire and fury envelops the Black Citadel.
Illidan's forces have just defeated Magtheridon's Forces, but a storm came and Kil'jaeden appeared before Kael'thas, Vashj and Illidan. Illidan had no option but to return to Azeroth and defeat the Lich King. He asked his lieutenants if they would go with him, and they answered that they would help him to defeat the Scourge.
- Prince Kael'thas: What is this, Vashj? Where did this storm come from?
- Lady Vashj: Keep your head down, fool! Something terrible is drawing near!
- Kil'jaeden: Foolish little mongrel. You failed to destroy the Frozen Throne as I commanded. And still you thought to hide from me in this forsaken backwater! I thought you to be more cunning, Illidan.
- Illidan Stormrage: Kil'jaeden! I was merely set back. I was attempting to bolster my forces. The Lich King will be destroyed, I promise you!
- Kil'jaeden: Indeed?
- Kil'jaeden: Still, these servitors you've gathered show some promise. I will give you one last chance, Illidan. Destroy the Frozen Throne, or face my eternal wrath!
- Illidan Stormrage: Perhaps hiding here was not the most prudent decision. Still, the quest lies before us. Will you follow me into the cold heart of death itself?
- Lady Vashj: The naga are yours to command, Lord Illidan. Where you go, we follow.
- Prince Kael'thas: The blood elves are yours, as well, master. We will drive the Scourge before us -- and shatter the Frozen Throne as you command.