|Level||65 - 82 Elite|
|Location||Raptor Pens, Drak'Tharon Keep|
King Dred is a legend amongst the Drakkari. Stories tell of a troll hunting party locating a mighty beast that thrived in a habitat saturated with Scourge plague. The trolls tamed the devilsaur, believing that he alone held an antidote for the savage disease devastating their people.
Attacks & abilities
- Grievous Bite — King Dred viciously attacks a player, inflicting Physical damage and additional Physical damage every 2 sec. Grievous Bite persists until the target is fully healed.
- Mangling Slash — King Dred slashes a player, inflicting Physical damage and increasing the damage they take from Bleed effects by 75% for 15 sec.
- Fearsome Roar — King Dred unleashes a fearsome roar, reducing the damage done by all players by 125 for 8 sec.
- Piercing Slash — King Dread pierces a player, inflicting Physical damage and reducing their armor by 75% for 10 sec.
- Bellowing Roar — King Roar unleashes a massive roar, causing all players within 0 yards to flee in fear for 4 sec.
- Raptor Call — King Dred calls a nearby raptor to assist him.
- Gut Rip — Drakkari Gutrippers tear at a player, reducing their stamina by 15% for 6 sec.
- Rend — Drakkari Scytheclaws rend a player, inflicting Physical damage every 3 sec. for 15 sec.
This is an easy tank and spank fight. The healer needs to be careful of Grievous Bite. Lay on Hands is an excellent way to remove the debuff. The armor debuff combined with heavy bleed damage can be stressful on the healer. Another important factor is to either pull the adds before King Dred or to dps them once they are called by Raptor Call.
Bellowing Roar is a 35 yard range which enables healers to out range the fear altogether. Shamans can use Tremor Totem, Priests can use Fear Ward to help the tank from moving. Warrior tanks can use Berserker Rage to break the fear, and Feral druids that have specced that far can use . Having the healer stand at maximum range from the tank (with the tank facing the mob towards the healer) will ensure the healer never gets feared.
An alternative tactic is to have a heavy-armor dpser taunt King Dred when he emotes "King Dred raises his claws menacingly", indicating that he is about to cast his three strikes in quick succession. Often a plate-wearer (or druid in bear form) can survive these attacks so long as the boss is quickly taunted back off of them. This will spread out the damage and greatly reduce the effect of the armor reduction debuff from Piercing Slash.
He drops King Dred's Tooth for .
- : is achieved during Heroic mode by killing 6 raptors (Drakkari Gutrippers, Drakkari Scytheclaws) while King Dred is engaged. The raptors need not be engaged all at the same time, and recall the power mentioned above, where King Dred summons a nearby raptor to his side.
Notes and trivia
- Dred is skinnable, yielding around 7-8 pieces of .
- Like most devilsaurs, Dred is tamable by Beast Mastery hunters.
- "Swamp King Dred" appears as a legendary card for the Hunter class in the Journey to Un'Goro expansion for Hearthstone. His flavor text reads: "Swamp King Dred, more like Swamp King Dead, amiright?"
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): Added.