Champion of the Light,|
Brotherhood of the Light,
|Affiliation(s)||Brotherhood of the Light, Argent Crusade|
|Former affiliation(s)||Argent Dawn|
|Occupation||Champion of the Light of the Brotherhood of the Light, Crusade Commander of the Argent Crusade|
Crusade Commander Korfax is a human warrior at Tyr's Hand in the Eastern Plaguelands. He was formerly known as Korfax, Champion of the Light located at Light's Hope Chapel, and still appears in the Scarlet Enclave under his old title.
World of Warcraft
He also told the story of Ramaladni, a warrior of the Brotherhood and a pupil of Highlord Darion Mograine, who went to Naxxramas in search of revenge and never returned, asking the adventurers to find out his fate. When they returned only with his ring, Korfax announced that this did not bode well for Ramaladni, but that his ring might be salvageable, leading to the creation of .
Finally, he aided warrior adventurers in the creation of the Dreadnaught's Battlegear, asking them to bring back to him the desecrated battlements and wartorn plate scraps they would come across in their battles with the Scourge, in Naxxramas, to forge them an armor worn by heroes.
Wrath of the Lich King
Crusade Commander Korfax was present during the Battle for Light's Hope Chapel, defending the chapel alongside Eligor Dawnbringer and the Argent Dawn against the Scourge and the Death knights of Acherus. Following the withdrawal of the Lich King, he witnessed the merger of the Argent Dawn and the Order of the Silver Hand as the Argent Crusade, under the command of Highlord Tirion Fordring.
He was among the first to plunge into the Northrend campaign, where he appeared as the Crusade Commander of the Crusade's troops at the Argent Stand in Zul'Drak. He participated in the experiments to learn more about the saronite, an evil ore used by the Lich King to arm the Scourge, attempting to destroy it with his , but it was ineffective.
Despite Inigo Montoy's treachery in the resurrection of Kel'Thuzad, who became the lich Thel'zan the Duskbringer for serving the Lich King, Korfax and the Brotherhood eventually triumphed over the Scourge in Northrend and returned to the Eastern Plaguelands.
Following the Cataclysm, Korfax appeared alongside Eligor Dawnbringer and Angela Dosantos outside Tyr's Hand in the Eastern Plaguelands to cleanse the town from the Risen who infested it with an assault force of one hundred men. Aided by adventurers, Korfax and the Brotherhood were able to capture the city and eliminate the Scarlet leadership including the then undead Valdelmar himself. At the same time, he ordered adventurers to retrieve, within the Scarlet Crusade's barracks, the artifacts that are the , , the , and , hidden in chests as the objects are too holy for their now-undead hand to touch. Once in his possession, he announces that he intends to deliver them to Maxwell Tyrosus.
Some time later he appeared alongside several other members of the Brotherhood of the Light inside Stratholme to aid adventurers in retaking the Scourge-infested city, ordering them, in particular, to eliminate Ramstein the Gorger for all the atrocities the monster has committed.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Plaguelands: The Scarlet Enclave||??||614,160|
- At Tyr's Hand
- Inside the Stratholme Service Entrance
- Heroic Leap
- Demoralizing Shout
- "Watch your step, <race>. We of the Brotherhood of the Light are not as lenient as our brethren when it comes to meting justice to those that would do the world wrong. Woe unto those that would anger Korfax." - Commander Eligor Dawnbringer
- Tyr's Hand gossip
What is the Brotherhood of the Light? Well... We are all members of the Argent Crusade at the core - members of the Argent Crusade that aren't held in check by morals, guilt and useless human emotion.
- Alonsus Chapel, Stratholme
There are no emotions. There are no morals. There are no zealots.
There is only the Brotherhood.
Here, in the very chapel where Uther the Lightbringer joined the Order of the Silver Hand, I, Korfax, Champion of the Light, will inspire fear into the fearless.
Nothing will curb my fury - not the Scarlet Crusade, not the Argent Dawn, not my brothers, not even you.
This is a fine mess we've gotten ourselves into. We're overdue to join up with our forces in Icecrown and now we're entangled in this debacle, stuck between the Scourge and the Drakkari.
I told the highlord it was a mistake to come here.
See what you can do to help out there.
- Main article: Pure Evil#Notes
- Light's Hope Chapel
What is the Brotherhood of the Light? Well... We are all members of the Argent Dawn at the core - members of the Argent Dawn that aren't held in check by morals, guild and useless human emotions. Consider us Scarlet Crusade minus the stupidity, lack of leadership, and blind zealotry.
Don't let the Scarlet Commander tell you otherwise.
And don't let Tyrosus know that I said that... it would be a terrible shame if I had to brutally maim him should a brawl break out.
- What is Dreadnaught armor?
- The first suit of Dreadnaught armor was made exclusively for the Scarlet Highlord Mograine. Whilst donning the full suit, the Highlord looked himself to be a demon from the depths of the Nether.
- Aye, 'twas quite a sight to behold as Mograine would wade into a hundred Scourge, Ashbringer held high, and come out on the other side in a cloud of dust and flames - enemies left in ashes beneath his feet.
- Continue please.
- It was not until after his controversial death that the knights and warriors of Lordaeron would wear similarly fashioned suits in honor of their fallen hero. While the death of Mograine was a great victory for Kel'Thuzad, the resulting martrydom would be felt until the end of the war.
- Where one did fall, many would rise...
- Korfax, where can I find Dark Iron scraps?
- Is this a serious question? You really don't know?
- If you are the cowardly sort, afraid to get their hands too dirty, you will find Dark Iron scraps on the creatures in the Burning Steppes and Searing Gorge.
- If you're the bloodthirsty adventuring type, the dungeons of Blackrock Spire and Blackrock Depths hold quite a large supply of the scraps.
- Attacking Korfax was not advisable for level 60 players - he could crit over 12,000 with a normal attack.
- In , it appears that no matter the number of Scourge forces or Death knight players coordinating attacks on Korfax, he is far too powerful to be taken down.
- Korfax wields an .
- Crusade Commander Korfax is listed as part of the Argent Crusade faction in Zul'Drak and Stratholme, but a member of the Argent Dawn in Tyr's Hand. Despite this, his Tyr's Hand quests award Argent Crusade reputation.
- Korfax holds the Brotherhood of the Light "title" (appearing in angle brackets in-game) in Tyr's Hand and Stratholme, but has no title in Zul'Drak.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Light's Hope Chapel version moved to Stratholme and Tyr's Hand, name-changed to Crusade Commander Korfax, and given different quests.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Gossip text updated to be different from his Light's Hope Chapel dialogue.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): New appearances, quests partially removed with relocation of Naxxramas.
- Patch 1.11.0 (2006-06-19): Added.