- Not to be confused with L'lura Goldspun.
|Location||Seat of the Triumvirate|
When the draenei fled Argus aboard the Genedar, L'ura stayed behind to hold back the Burning Legion. It was locked up by the eredar in the Seat of the Triumvirate on Kil'jaeden's orders, and its imprisonment has since led it to fall into the rare Void state of the naaru lifecycle.
Recently, the Void ethereals of the Shadowguard were drawn to the Seat of the Triumvirate by the immense darkness emanating from L'ura in an attempt to claim it for their own. However, they were defeated by adventurers accompanying Locus-Walker and Alleria Windrunner, who in turn attacked L'ura and siphoned her essence.
When Velen and his followers fled Argus aboard the Genedar, the naaru L'ura stayed behind to buy the draenei time to escape. Kil'jaeden, enraged by this betrayal, ordered the wounded naaru sealed away in the Seat of the Triumvirate. Over the long millennia that passed, L'ura fell from Light to Void. Her elegant song of courage and hope became a shadowy dirge of despair, luring those seeking to lay claim to her power.
L'ura begins the fight by open portals to the Void, calling in Greater Rift Wardens for defense. While the portals are open, L'ura channels Naaru's Lament, inflicting Shadow damage to all party members. Additionally, L'ura is immune to damage due to Darkened Shroud. Killing the Greater Rift Warden gives Alleria Windrunner the opportunity to close the portal, and use the void energy she receives to cast Dark Torrent. After opening two waves of portals, L'ura continues to to channel Naaru's Lament, but also engages the party directly, gaining new abilities.
- Make sure to spread to catch all bolts fired by each Greater Rift Warden's Fragment of Despair.
- Prioritize eliminating the Greater Rift Wardens when they are present in order for Alleria to close the rifts.
- L'ura is vulnerable and takes additional damage while affected by Backlash. Use this time as an opportunity to deal the most damage to L'ura.
- L'ura's Naaru's Lament causes party-wide damage, while Void Blast deals strong single-target damage to random party members.
- The longer L'ura can channel Naaru's Lament, the more damage each of her other attacks can do.
- Greater Rift Warden's Sorrow Shock can cause a spike in damage taken, so be prepared for it.
- Active portals will constantly spawn Waning Voids, which will need to be picked up when available.
- Call to the Void — L'ura calls out to the void, opening a series of void portals. Once opened, L'ura begins draining energy from the portals and starts channeling Naaru's Lament. Each portal calls in a Greater Rift Warden to stabilize it, and continues to summon Waning Voids at set intervals. L'ura opens one portal the first time Call to the Void is cast, and opens two portals on subsequent casts.
- Naaru's Lament — Sings a wailing dirge, inflicting 75000 Shadow damage to all enemies every 3 sec until cancelled. Additionally, L'ura's casts Growing Darkness every 2 sec.
- Void Blast — Hurls a bolt of void energy at the target, inflicting 75000 Shadow damage and an additional 50000 Shadow damage every 1 sec for 5 sec.
- Final Dirge — Once L'ura has been severed from all available portals, she enters the fight, becoming mobile and capable of attacking players directly. L'ura continues to channel Naaru's Lament and cast Void Blast, and also gains the ability Umbral Cadence. On Mythic Difficulty, L'ura also gains the ability Grand Shift.
- Umbral Cadence — L'ura releases pent up void energy in all directions, inflicting 75000 Shadow damage to all enemies.
- Grand Shift — L'ura calls out to all Remnants of Anguish, causing them jump to random enemies, inflicting 125000 Shadow damage to all enemies near the impact point and knocking them back.
- Greater Rift Warden
- Void Bound — Binds the caster to the portal that summoned, protecting the portal from being destroyed.
- Fragment of Despair — Hurls a bolt of shadow energy at random locations, which inflict 500000 Shadow damage to enemies at the target location. If no players are hit, Fragment of Despair inflicts 1000000 Shadow damage to all players.
- Sorrow Shock — Shocks the target with dark energy, inflicting 125000 Shadow damage.
- Waning Void
- Alleria Windrunner — Alleria Windrunner appears at the beginning of the fight, and casts Void Sever at any unprotected Void Portals.
Please add any available information to this section.
Please add any available information to this section.
- Alleria Windrunner says: Such chaos... such anguish. I have never sensed anything like it before.
- Locus-Walker says: It is rare that a naaru falls into Void this way. The few cases I know of have occurred when mortals were involved. What fascinating implications...
- Locus-Walker says: Such musings can wait, though. This entity must die.
- Void Sever
- Alleria Windrunner yells: Look out!
- Alleria Windrunner yells: Incoming!
- Locus-Walker yells: Take her shadow for your own, Alleria! Do as I trained you!
- Locus-Walker yells: Siphon the portal energy! The naaru's weakness will become your strength!
- Locus-Walker yells: Seize the power of the portals, Alleria! It can become your weapon!
- Cinematic plays.
- Alleria siphons whatever remains of L'ura. The void energies surges at Alleria and she collapses. Getting back on her feet, she awakens with the new powers given to her.
- Locus-Walker says: You survived... interesting! How do you feel?
- Alleria Windrunner says: The voices are louder now. More insistent. But they do not control me.
- Locus-Walker says: You asked me to teach you to use the Void as a weapon. Now that weapon is you.
- Alleria Windrunner says: It seems my training is complete.
- Locus-Walker says: Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We need to test the limits of this newfound power. Come.
- Unused quotes
- Alleria Windrunner: Such chaos... such anguish. I have never sensed anything like it before.
- Locus-Walker: It is rare that a naaru falls into Void this way. The few cases I know of have occurred when mortals were involved. What fascinating implications...
- Locus-Walker: Such musings can wait, though. This entity must die.
- Alleria Windrunner: How did a being of the Light become a creature of Shadow?
- Locus-Walker: The Void is a force of change... of transformation. Shadows are fluid, ever shifting.
- Alleria Windrunner: I feel the fallen naaru's power. It beckons me.
- Locus-Walker: You stand on the cusp of destiny, Alleria. There will be choices to make... and consequences to face.
- Alleria Windrunner: Even defeated, the darkened naaru surges with power. I hear the shadows calling to me.
- Locus-Walker: Claim its essence, Alleria Windrunner. Make its chaos your own.
- Seat of the Triumvirate: Dark Fissures
- Seat of the Triumvirate: Twilight-Harbinger Tharuul
- Seat of the Triumvirate: Void-Blade Zedaat
- Seat of the Triumvirate: Voidmaw
- L'ura is the first naaru to have attack and death animations.
- Her "Naaru's Lament" ability plays music.
While Archmage Y'mera does not know why the spirits of eredar linger in Mac'Aree, a likely explanation is that L'ura is drawing them there like D'ore and K'ure drew spirits to Auchindoun and Oshu'gun, respectively.
- Unlike the spirits that D'ore and K'ure draws to them, some of the echoes of Mac'Aree are still alive like Velen and Akama, others died far from Argus like Larohir and Hataaru and other still became demons and are not as their echoes appear like Kil'jaeden and Archimonde. Thus they may not be actual spirits at all, but rather echoes of the events unfolding there.
- It is uncertain why Kil'jaeden didn't simply outright destroy L'ura for her part in helping the draenei escape his clutches, as the Legion seems to have the power to do so, as was the case with O'ros. A possibility is that that he locked it away believing L'ura's energies would serve as a useful potential power source for the eredar some time in the future.
- Patch 7.3.0 (2017-08-29): Added.