|Location||Slag Pit, Searing Gorge|
|Relative(s)||Curator Thorius (brother)|
Lathoric the Black is a dwarf found deep within the Slag Pit in Searing Gorge. Lathoric is actually Dorius Stonetender, and has set up the player by faking his assassination. He betrayed his brother Curator Thorius by enslaving archaeologists sent to Searing Gorge from Ironforge, and the forcing them to work on the golem Obsidion. He had been corrupted by the Old Gods/Ragnaros, if that can explain his behavior.
- Corruption — Corrupts nearby enemies, inflicting Shadow damage every 3 sec. for 15 sec.
- Shadow Bolt — Hurls a bolt of dark magic at an enemy, inflicting Shadow damage.
- You are here to stop the Archduke?
- Fools. Obsidion! Rise, and destroy the interlopers!
Dorius says: Fools. I knew that if I played upon my brother's feeble emotions, he would send 'rescuers.'
Dorius says: How easy it was to manipulate you into recovering the last Suntara stone from those imbeciles of the Twilight's Hammer.
Dorius says: When I stumbled upon the Suntara stones at the Grimesilt Digsite, the power of Ragnaros surged through my being. It was Ragnaros that gave me a purpose.
Dorius says: It was the will of Ragnaros that Obsidion be built. Obsidion will destroy the Blackrock orcs of Blackrock Spire, uniting us with our brethren in the fiery depths.
Dorius says: And ultimately, it was Ragnaros that named me when I was reborn as an acolyte of fire: Lathoric... Lathoric the Black.
Lathoric the Black says: Your task is complete. Prepare to meet your doom.
Lathoric the Black says: Obsidion, Rise and Serve your Master!
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Elite status removed and level changed from 52 to 46.