|Lay on Hands|
- Take all my strength into you and be whole once more!
- Paladins, I've heard you have many lives. Show me. - Nefarian
Lay on Hands is a Holy-based level 14 paladin ability that instantly fills your target with life. It is considered an "emergency" ability, in that due to its long cooldown it should only be used when it's really needed. Lay on Hands causes . As it allows a paladin to "live twice" by using it, the spell is somewhat famous.
- Not affected by the global cooldown.
- Tankadins can consider this as a long cooldown "oh s**t button". Turn on the auto-self cast option or create a macro. When your health is dangerously low, use it immediately to heal yourself back to full health.
- This ability is completely independent of the amount of Healing the caster has. It always heals the target for the amount of health the caster has.
- This ability cannot crit.
- Lay on Hands is an epic Paladin spell in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "A grammatically awkward life saver."
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Can no longer crit. Now causes Forbearance on any target it is cast on.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Lay on Hands no longer grants mana to the target.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Cooldown reduced down from 20 minutes. No longer uses spell ranks, nor affected by any Lay on Hands-specific talents.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): This ability will place Forbearance on the paladin if used on his or herself. It will not place Forbearance on others.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Does not drain all of the player's mana anymore. Cooldown reduced to 20 minutes.
- ^ ,