Lichborne is a death knight ability learned at level 33. It grants the death knight 10 seconds of immunity to charm, fear, and sleep effects, and increases leech by 10%. It can be used even when already affected.
Becoming undead has a number of consequences for the death knight:
- Makes the death knight susceptible to abilities able to target Undead mobs, such as and
- Prevents certain abilities from being used on the death knight, such as , and
Removing Lichborne does not remove CCs.
Lichborne is not affected by the global cooldown.
- Patch 9.0.1 (2020-10-13): Removed as a PvP talent and now available to all death knights as a baseline ability. Redesigned.
- Patch 8.1.0 (2018-12-11): Re-added as a level 40 Unholy PvP talent and redesigned.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now also increases Leech by 10%.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now a talent, and also causes Death Coil to heal the death knight.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): The buff from this ability can now be cancelled.