|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.3a but is present in World of Warcraft: Classic.
|Affiliation(s)||Kul Tiras, Stormwind|
|Occupation||Commander of Tiragarde Keep, Lieutenant|
|Location||Tiragarde Keep, Durotar|
Lieutenant Benedict was a human found in Tiragarde Keep in Durotar. Benedict ruled over the tiny parcel of land and led the remaining Kul Tiras sailors in Durotar. He and Watch Commander Zalaphil had been dispatched to retake the keep and guard it from the orcs who wish to finish tearing it down. Gar'Thok at Razor Hill is one such orc.
Benedict's Chest contained an which detailed orders from the deceased Admiral Proudmoore. A letter in an early Horde quest showed that he was there to finish what Daelin started, that is invade Durotar and kill all the orcs. Another Kul Tiras fleet was expected, namely that of Lieutenant Alverold who has not returned to this day. Naturally, the orcs didn't take kindly to this.
- Defensive Stance — Assumes a defensive stance that generates rage when the warrior is hit, as well as reducing rage decay while the warrior is out of combat. Lasts 3 min.
- Improved Blocking — Increases the caster's chance to block by 55% for 6 sec.
- (unlocks Benedict's Chest)
- Like Benedict from Warcraft III, his name is probably a reference to Benedict Arnold, a famous turncoat from the American Revolution. The quest name "Vanquish the Betrayers" supports this.
- Benedict and the other NPCs in the Tiragarde Keep were affiliated with the Stormwind faction for the Alliance players, likely done for gameplay purposes.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Removed.