Light's Hammer is the entrance hall of Icecrown Citadel, held by the Ashen Verdict. Highlords Tirion Fordring of the Argent Crusade and Darion Mograine of the Ebon Blade, attired in their class' Tier 10 armor, can be found in here, as well as quartermasters and other vendors for the Ashen Verdict. All of the Tier 10 vendors are also located here.
During the Fourth War, Princess Talanji, Baine Bloodhoof, and a Horde champion used Bwondsamdi's Death Gate to Icecrown and teleported to the chamber, with the Spirit of Vol'jin also accompanying them. The area was deserted, save from geists looting stuff belonging to the Ashen Verdict and abominations guarding the entrance.
- Icecrown Citadel instance
- Highlord Tirion Fordring
- Highlord Darion Mograine
- King Varian Wrynn <King of Stormwind>
- Muradin Bronzebeard
- High Overlord Saurfang
- Garrosh Hellscream <Overlord of the Warsong Offensive>
- Aronen <Apprentice to Ormus>
- Commander Kunz
- Stefan Vadu
- Torgo the Elder
- Alchemist Finklestein <Ashen Verdict Quartermaster>
- Goodman the "Closer" <Emblem of Frost Quartermaster>
- Ormus the Penitent <Death Knight Armor>
- Alana Moonstrike <Druid Armor>
- Tortunok <Druid Armor>
- Talan Moonstrike <Hunter Armor>
- Gerardo the Suave <Hunter Armor>
- Malfus Grimfrost <Mage Armor>
- Uvlus Banefire <Mage Armor>
- Jedebia <Shaman Armor>
- Vol'guk <Shaman Armor>
- Crusader Halford <Paladin Armor>
- Scott the Merciful <Priest Armor>
- Yili <Rogue Armor>
- Ikfirus the Vile <Rogue Armor>
- Crusader Grimtong <Warrior Armor>
- Niby the Almighty <Warlock Armor>
- Haragg the Unseen <Warlock Armor>
- Dispelling Strength of Wrynn
- The continued sacrifice of the Ashen Verdict and heroes such as yourself bring us all closer to final victory. Now I have come to Icecrown Citadel to lend aid to those who fight against the Scourge. Together we will end the tyranny of the Lich King!
With all due respect, your Highness, we can do this alone.
- You can do this alone, you say? Is this simple foolishness or misplaced confidence before me?
- No, I can see it in your eyes. You have to know. You have to prove to yourself that you can do this alone. Very well. I will retreat from the battlefield if you so wish it.
We do wish for you to stand down, your Highness.
- You will need more than bravery to defeat the Lich King. Good luck.
After: Your choice has been made. Whether you live or die by that choice is now up to you.
Speaking to Tirion:
- This is our final stand. What happens here will echo through the ages. Regardless of outcome, they will know that we fought with honor. That we fought for the freedom and safety of our people.
- Remember, hero, fear is your greatest enemy in these befouled halls. Steel your heart and your soul will shine brighter than a thousand suns. The enemy will falter at the sight of you. They will fall as the light of righteousness envelops them!
- Killed the two of The Damned
- Highlord Tirion Fordring yells: This is our final stand. What happens here will echo through the ages. Regardless of outcome, they will know that we fought with honor. That we fought for the freedom and safety of our people!
- Highlord Tirion Fordring yells: Remember, heroes, fear is your greatest enemy in these befouled halls. Steel your heart and your soul will shine brighter than a thousand suns. The enemy will falter at the sight of you. They will fall as the light of righteousness envelops them!
- Highlord Tirion Fordring yells: Our march upon Icecrown Citadel begins now!
- The voice of the Lich King is heard everywhere in the chamber.
- The Lich King yells: You now stand upon the hallowed ground of the Scourge. The Light won't protect you here, paladin. Nothing will protect you...
- Highlord Tirion Fordring yells: ARTHAS! I swore that I would see you dead and the Scourge dismantled! I'm going to finish what I started at Light's Hope!
- The Lich King yells: You could have been my greatest champion, Fordring: A force of darkness that would wash over this world and deliver it into a new age of strife.
- The Lich King yells: But that honor is no longer yours. Soon, I will have a new champion.
- The Lich King gives a dark, evil laugh...
- The Lich King yells: The breaking of this one has been taxing. The atrocities I have committed upon his soul. He has resisted for so long, but he will bow down before his king soon.
- Highlord Bolvar Fordragon yells: NEVER! I... I will never... serve... you...
- The Lich King yells: In the end, you will all serve me.
- Alliance's reaction
- Muradin turns to Tirion.
- Muradin Bronzebeard says: Could it be, Lord Fordring? If Bolvar lives, mayhap there is hope fer peace between the Alliance and the Horde. We must reach the top o' this cursed place and free the paladin!
- Tiron turns to Muradin.
- Highlord Tirion Fordring says: By the light, it must be so!
- Muradin turns around to the three Alliance Commanders behind him.
- Muradin Bronzebeard yells: Prepare the Skybreaker fer an aerial assault on the citadel!
- Muradin runs for the exit with the Commanders on his heels.
- Muradin Bronzebeard yells: Heroes, ye must fight yer way to a clear extraction point within Icecrown. We'll try an' rendezvous on the ramparts!
- Horde's reaction
- High Overlord Saurfang says: The paladin still lives? Is it possible, Highlord? Could he have survived?
- Highlord Tirion Fordring says: The power of the light knows no bounds, Saurfang. His soul is under great strain, but he lives - for now.
- High Overlord Saurfang says: Then we must save him! If we rescue Bolvar Fordragon, we may quell the unrest between the Alliance and the Horde.
- High Overlord Saurfang says: Our mission is now clear: The Lich King will answer for his crimes and we will save Highlord Bolvar Fordragon!
- High Overlord Saurfang yells: Kor'kron, prepare Orgrim's Hammer for its final voyage! Champions, our gunship will find a point to dock on the upper reaches of the citadel. Meet us there!
After the Lich King is dead, players can return here through the raid entrance. The freed spirit of Uther the Lightbringer is now present by the teleporter. Both Jaina Proudmoore and Sylvanas Windrunner are also here, but in different positons and based on your faction, only one can be spoken to.
- A day of celebration and of mourning, hero...
- He's truly gone, isn't he?
- I... I can feel it.
- Was there truly no way to save him?
- I fear I shall always wonder.