- This article is about the playable race. For the Lightforged draenei lore, see Lightforged draenei. For the in-game faction, see Army of the Light.
Hunter, Mage, Paladin, Priest, Warrior|
|Starting zone||The Vindicaar|
High Exarch Turalyon|
The Lightforged draenei are one of the playable Alliance allied races in World of Warcraft, introduced at the end of Legion. Unlike their brethren who took the Exodar to flee from the Burning Legion in search of allies, these draenei joined the naaru in battling demons across the cosmos, forming the Army of the Light. Their bodies are infused with the very essence of the Holy Light after undergoing a ritual to become Lightforged. After achieving victory on Argus, the Army of the Light joined the Alliance.
Lightforged draenei begin aboard the Vindicaar before reporting to their faction's embassy (much like all other allied races). The brave elekk mounts they tend to ride are lightforged as well. These draenei speak the language named after them, but they are able to speak Common too.
- Main article: Lightforged draenei#History
For untold millennia, the Army of the Light waged war against the Burning Legion throughout the Twisting Nether. The draenei most committed to their long crusade would undergo a ritual to become Lightforged, infusing their bodies with the very essence of the Holy Light. After finally achieving victory on Argus, the Lightforged draenei have undertaken a new mission: protecting Azeroth from rising threats and helping the Alliance push back against Horde aggression.
Creation screen description
Fighting a long, bitter war against the Burning Legion, these draenei soldiers were infused with the Holy Light to become living weapons. Victorious at last, these Lightforged stand ready to defend Azeroth.
Captain Fareeya: We are soldiers. Through millennia of struggle, the Light has shown us the true path. And in turn, we have been reborn as instruments of its power. You are Lightforged. You must stand as a beacon of hope against the darkness. But to those who threaten this world... or attack our allies... you will embody the Light's wrath.
In order to unlock the ability to play as Lightforged draenei, players need to have completed the achievement and have a level 50 Alliance character. These requirements are account-wide in that players do not have to earn all requirements on the same character or even an Alliance character to unlock.
Once these requirements are met, players must then complete the following recruitment questline:
- Lightforged hunters start with an Argussian talbuk pet.
- Lightforged start out at halfway through Friendly with the Army of the Light.
- The trainers and other NPCs in the Cathedral of Light are very welcoming to a Lightforged that enter their halls, contrasting the Void elves.
- During patch 7.3.5 PTR, their race description was: "For untold millennia, the Army of the Light waged war against the Burning Legion throughout the Twisting Nether. The draenei most committed to their long crusade would undergo a ritual to become Lightforged, infusing their bodies with the very essence of the Holy Light. After finally achieving victory on Argus, the Lightforged have undertaken a new mission: protecting Azeroth from rising threats and helping the Alliance push back against Horde aggression."
- Lightforged males are voiced by Jason Vande Brake. The voice actress of the Lightforged women is not yet known.