- Not to be confused with Lyrath Moonfeather.
Lireesa (mother), Alleria, Sylvanas, Vereesa (sisters)|
Arator, Galadin and Giramar (nephews) Zendarin (cousin)
Lirath Windrunner was the youngest brother of the Windrunner siblings. He dreamed of becoming a ranger like his three sisters. Lirath was killed when a group of orcs cut their way into Quel'Thalas and attacked the Windrunner clan. Several uncles, aunts, and cousins also perished. Lirath's oldest sister, Alleria Windrunner, swore revenge and began hunting down all remaining orcs after the end of the Second War.
Notes and trivia
- Lirath's hair color was bright golden. He and Alleria were thus nicknamed as the suns of the family. He would play on his lute during the feasts of the Windrunners and sing the quel'dorei version of the Lament of the Highborne with his sisters.
- Lirath was first depicted visually in Three Sisters, 10 years after his introduction in Beyond the Dark Portal.
- The War of the Ancients Trilogy originally mentioned the Windrunners having two brothers who died to the Scourge, but this was retconned afterwards notably in War Crimes which states Lirath was the only Windrunner brother.
- ^ Ultimate Visual Guide, pg. 139; Updated and Expanded, pg. 151
- ^ Rosenberg, Aaron; Christie Golden. Beyond the Dark Portal, 68. ISBN 978-1-4165-5086-0.
- ^ War Crimes
- ^ Arthas: Rise of the Lich King
- ^ The Well of Eternity, chapter 2
- ^ War Crimes, chapter 14: "As the two middle children, they had always had a bond that set them apart from Alleria, the eldest, and Lirath, their only brother."