Night elf |
|Sources: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm|
Lor'danel is a seaside night elf settlement in northern Darkshore. Unlike the rest of Darkshore, the ground and trees here are vibrant green. Lor'danel features an inn, a flight path, and a moonwell. Despite its coastal location, the town has no dock; instead, it is connected to Rut'theran Village by a flight path, which is automatically known by night elves upon character creation and learned by other Alliance characters by visiting either the Lor'danel or Rut'theran Village flight master.
Lor'danel was built by the survivors of the destruction of Auberdine during the Cataclysm. It is located on a patch of land between two waterfalls, siphoning water from the sea into a whirlpool deeper inland. The town is connected to the mainland by bridges.
The last wave of refugees from the Auberdine found its way here after the town's ruins were overrun by hostile water elementals. The night elves of Lor'danel sent sentinels and hippogryphs to aid in the evacuation. Many survivors were healed by the priests in town.
Battle for Azeroth
Please add any available information to this section.
Just prior to the Burning of Teldrassil, the Horde invaded Lor'danel in a twin attack, Sylvanas Windrunner from the south and Varok Saurfang from the north. Many civilians were either captured by the Horde or found by the Alliance. After the Burning of Teldrassil, Lor'danel remained a battlefield, with the Horde units burning and defiling it. Refugees gathered on the beach north of Lor'danel.
The Alliance fought to reclaim Lor'danel in the Battle for Darkshore after securing Bashal'Aran as their new stronghold in the region, with Maiev Shadowsong ultimately leading the kaldorei and the Alliance to victory against the Horde, although it is unclear whether the night elves have opted to rebuild the settlement.
- Feathermoon Stronghold
- Grove of the Ancients
- Rut'theran Village
- Talonbranch Glade
- Thal'darah Overlook
- Theramore Isle
- Teldira Moonfeather <Hippogryph Master>
- Dentaria Silverglade <Priestess of the Moon>
- Serendia Oakwhisper <Priestess of the Moon>
- Laird †
- Johnathan Staats (NPC)
- Innkeeper Kyteran <Innkeeper>
- Nyrisse <Leather Armor>
- Ayriala <General Goods>
- Jaelysia <Stable Master>
- Sentinel Lendra
- Harlon Thornguard <Armorer & Shieldsmith>
- Gorbold Steelhand <Trade Supplies>
- Tharnariun Treetender
- Wizbang Cranktoggle
- Ceriale Duskwhisper <Clothier>
- Ranger Glynda Nal'Shea
- Will Larsons <Battle Pet Trainer>
- Poe <Battle Pet>
- Lor'danel Sentinel
- Nightsaber Rider
- Vigilant Protector
- Periale <Mining Trainer>
- Taryel Firestrike <Blacksmithing Trainer>
- Jenna Lemkenilli <Engineering Trainer>
- Faeyrin Willowmoon <Tailoring Trainer>
- Dular <Druid Trainer>
- Lanla Bowleaf <Hunter Trainer>
- Lareth Beld <Mage Trainer>
- Irlara Morninglight <Priest Trainer>
- Kenral Nightwind <Rogue Trainer>
- Laera Dubois <Warlock Trainer>
- Sentinel Moonwing <Warrior Trainer>
Survivors of Auberdine
- Main article: Fate of Auberdine inhabitants
- Myara Sunsong
- Lor'danel Sentinel
- Vigilant Protectors
- Darnassian Huntress
- Glaive Thrower
- Hippogryph Archer
- Darnassus Sentinel
- Darnassian Archer
- Patch 8.1.0 (2018-12-11): Updated to Legion night elf architecture.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.