Class Hall Upgrades
|Race(s)||Night elf in nathrezim body (Humanoid / Demon)|
|Status||Alive, sharing a body with Razelikh the Defiler|
|Companion(s)||Raytaf, Shahiar, Zaman|
World of Warcraft
Loramus Thalipedes was a quest giver found on an island southeast of Hetaera's Clutch in Azshara. Prior to Cataclysm he was the only demon hunter NPC found outside of Outland. He had three elite felhounds guarding him: Raytaf, Shahiar, and Zaman. He sent the player on quests to prepare them to combat Razelikh in the original You Are Rakh'likh, Demon quest chain.
Loramus set out for the Blasted Lands, passing through Dreadmaul Hold, to hunt down the demon Razelikh, but was killed by one of the demon's lieutenants, the ogre Grol the Destroyer. With the aid of the player, Loramus is revived by the demonic energies from the Altar of Storms. He then remains in the Blasted Lands, appearing near Kasim Sharim in the case of Alliance players or near Bloodmage Lynnore for Horde players. After a series of quests, he appears, greatly buffed, at the location where Razelikh is finally fought as part of the quest . He fights alongside and directs the player, then sacrifices his own (second) life in order to help trap Razelikh's soul, claiming he will battle Razelikh in the next world.
The that Loramus and Razelikh were trapped in was eventually destroyed, and their souls escaped only to be sent to the Twisting Nether. Within the Nether Razelikh's body reformed, with Loramus trapped inside and their souls entwined in eternal conflict. The next thing Loramus knew, they were expelled from the Nether and summoned to Azeroth by the Burning Legion.
Loramus, now in control of Razelikh's body, arrived in Azsuna and began hunting demons at the Felblaze Ingress. Demon hunters of the Illidari sought him out and returned with him to the Fel Hammer. Loramus had extensive knowledge of the nathrezim, but Razelikh was able to periodically take control of his body. Because of this, the Illidari locked him within a magical prison where they could make use of his knowledge without risking Razelikh's escape. He provides class hall upgrades for demon hunters.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|98 - 110||4,178,024|
|Fel Hammer||98 - 110||1,044,992|
- Demon Hunter's Resolve — Periodically regenerates health and mana for nearby allies, and protects them from being knocked off the Rise.
- Shadow Bolt Volley — Hurls missiles of dark magic, inflicting Shadow damage to nearby enemies.
- The Blasted Lands
Please add any available information to this section.
Can you see them, mortal? No... I did not think you could. Sighted but sightless - it is your gift and your curse.
I need you to do what I say, <race>. If we falter, then we may be playing right into Rakh'likh's hands.
- The Fel Hammer
Ya be needin' someone for a job? I'll find ya two.
Who's looking for a job?
- The Blasted Lands
- Loramus Thalipedes yells: The stone knife! Use it NOW! I can't maintain control of him for much longer...
- Main article: You Are Rakh'likh, Demon#Notes
- The Fel Hammer
- Strike me down, you fools, before Razelikh regains control!
- <Name>. Illidari. Hear me. I will take great pleasure in sacrificing each of you to Kil'jaeden just as soon as I break Loramus's hold on my body.
- How long must I endure?!
- NOTHING CAN PREVENT YOUR WORLD FROM BURNING!
- [Demonic] And now, to break these fetters and feast upon your souls. Ahahahahahaha!
- There is a Felsworn hiding amongst you. Did you know that?
- NO, demon! You will not prevail.
- It is an honor to do whatever I can to defeat the Burning Legion, <name>.
The removal of his eyes was not done by the ogres but done with the help of Loramus' master.
Notes and trivia
- Loramus is an original member of the Illidari, but predates the others in-game by being a demon hunter on Azeroth since vanilla.
- During Loramus' resurrection in , he yells in Demonic. As demon hunter players can speak Demonic, they can see he is shouting oddly humorous phrases such as "Holy Moely!", "The pain! Oh, sweet sassy molassey, the pain!", and "This is horrible!"
- Curiously, Loramus lacks the iconic demon-binding tattoos synonymous with demon hunters. He initially shared this oddity with Altruis the Sufferer, but Altruis was given tattoos on his new model in Legion.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added on the Broken Isles as a dreadlord.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Health reduced.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Removed from Azshara. Players will now encounter Loramus in the Blasted Lands.