- For his character biography, see Aurius Rivendare.
|Location||The Slaughter House, Stratholme|
|Relative(s)||Baron Rivendare (father)|
Lord Aurius Rivendare was a Knight of the Silver Hand, and the son of the Scourge death knight Baron Rivendare. Aurius aided adventurers in battling the Baron in the Slaughter House in the northern districts of the city of Stratholme, but succumbed to wounds incurred in the battle. He was eventually raised into undeath and took his father's place as leader of the Scourge remnants in Stratholme.
He is perhaps most well known among the player base for dropping , an epic skeletal horse mount.
Aurius's fall from grace was precipitous. Failing to exact retribution from his corrupted father, Baron Rivendare, the former paladin was not granted peace in death. He was tragically reforged into an instrument of the Scourge, the evil he had once sworn to defeat.
- Raise Dead — Lord Aurius Rivendare raises 6 Mindless Skeletons to fight for him in battle.
- Mindless Skeleton — Mindless Skeletons aid Lord Aurius Rivendare in battle.
- Death Pact — Lord Aurius Rivendare sacrifices any Mindless Skeletons remaining after 12 sec, healing himself for their remaining health.
- Unholy Aura — Lord Aurius Rivendare's unholy aura inflicts 100 Shadow damage every 2 seconds to all players within 0 yards.
- Shadow Bolt — Lord Aurius Rivendare hurls a bolt of dark magic at a player, inflicting Shadow damage.
- Mortal Strike — Lord Aurius Rivendare strikes his current target, inflicting Physical damage and reducing the effectiveness of any healing by 50% for 5 sec.
- Cleave — Lord Aurius Rivendare cleaves his current target, inflicting Physical damage to them and their closest ally.
The Aurius Rivendare fight presents two major challenges. First, Unholy Aura (Automatically inflicting 100 Shadow damage every 2 sec, to nearby enemies.), his damage aura, which applies shadow damage to everyone in range. Second, he periodically spawns waves of skeletons from the bone piles scattered around his room. If these skeletons survive long enough, he casts Death Pact on them, killing them but healing himself.
To deal with the shadow aura, have your tank position Aurius against one wall of the chamber. Have your healers and ranged damage dealers stand on the opposite wall. This will allow them to stay out of range of the aura, avoiding the damage and casting interruptions. The tank and melee damage dealers will have to absorb the aura's damage. A priest can buff the group with . If the tank has any kind of shadow resistance gear, it's not a bad idea to equip it, although not absolutely required to defeat Aurius.
The skeletons will almost always immediately aggro your healer. One of the easiest ways to deal with this is to have a class with high AoE damage, like a mage or a warlock in the group, and position them right next to the healer. They can then AoE the skeletons, which have moderate damage but very low hit points, as they rush towards the healer.
If you don't have a mage or a warlock in the group, there are other ways to deal with the skeletons. A priest with the talent can kill the skeletons and keep the ranged party members healed at the same time, but this is very mana intensive, and he might need that mana to heal through Aurius' damage. A paladin can use as well, which will normally kill all the skeletons and hurt Aurius somewhat.
You can also try having members of your party use thethat can be gathered throughout the instance. One bottle is generally enough for each wave of skeletons.
Owners of pets must note to have their pets in passive mode as they enter the chamber, as their response to the shadow aura damage will likely trigger the encounter before the party is ready.
- Lord Aurius Rivendare yells: So you see fit to toy with the Lich King's creations? Ramstein, be sure to give the intruders a proper greeting.
- Ramstein the Gorger yells: Ramstein hunger for flesh!
- Black Guard Sentry yells: Who dares disturb our master?
Black Guard Sentries killed:
- Lord Aurius Rivendare yells: Time to take matters into my own hands. Come. Enter my domain and challenge the might of the Scourge!
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.
Ruler of Stratholme