|Level||21 - 87 Elite|
- For his character biography, see Lord Godfrey.
Drawing from his past as a Gilnean noble and Forsaken agent, the cunning and resourceful Lord Godfrey wields dual pistols and commands relentless flesh-eating ghouls.
- Cursed Bullets — Lord Godfrey picks a random player and shoots them with cursed bullets. This attack immediately deals 200 (50,000 heroic) Shadow damage to the target, and continues to deal severe and increasing Shadow damage every 3 seconds for 15 sec.
- Pistol Barrage — Lord Godfrey points at a random player and unleashes a barrage of bullets in a 60 degree cone towards that direction from his pair of pistols for 6 sec. The Pistol Barrage deals 30,000 Shadow damage every second to any unit within the cone of bullets.
- Mortal Wound — Lord Godfrey slices his current target with the blades attached to his pistols, inflicting 20 (1,500 heroic) Physical damage every second and reducing the effectiveness of healing dealt to the target by 5% for 6 sec. (10% for 8 sec. heroic). This effect stacks up to 10 times.
- Summon Bloodthirsty Ghouls — Lord Godfrey fires a volley of six necromantic bullets into the air around him, and where each bullet lands nearby a Bloodthirsty Ghoul rises out of the floor.
- Bloodthirsty Ghoul — These ghouls have very low health.
Lord Godfrey occasionally summons ghoul adds; those should be tanked and killed. Godfrey will cast Pistol Barrage (his frontal cone AoE) immediately after summoning ghouls; any ghouls caught in the AoE will die—consider using knockback effects to get Godfrey to kill the ghouls for you (which grants an achievement: ).
Immediately after finishing Pistol Barrage, Godfrey will cast Cursed Bullets—the ability can and should be interrupted; failing that, the curse it leaves behind should be dispelled. Godfrey will cast Cursed Bullets once more prior to the next ghoul summon.
His death is the objective of the storyline quests:
- Packleader Ivar Bloodfang says: I don't know why the door is closed, heroes. My pack should have already taken care of Godfrey by now...
- Packleader Ivar Bloodfang says: We will stand idle no longer! The time to act is now!
- Ivar briefly turns to the doors to open them.
- Packleader Ivar Bloodfang says: I'll make sure nothing interferes. Go now heroes! Kill Godfrey!
- Deathstalker Commander Belmont says: Why is the door shut? What in Sylvanas' name is going on here...
- Deathstalker Commander Belmont says: Cromush! What happened?
- High Warlord Cromush says: The coward...killed them...poisoned...me...
- Deathstalker Commander Belmont says: You'll pay for this Godfrey!
- Deathstalker Commander Belmont says: Heroes, you must kill Godfrey! I'll make sure nothing interferes!
- Ivar's pack failed horribly, so now he sends mercenaries. No matter, your journey ends in agony.
- Sylvanas sent you too, did she? No matter, your journey ends in agony.
- Killing a player
- Murder never gets old.
- This is the quality of assassin sent to kill me? Laughable.
- I thank you for the clean death. I would not have done the same...
- His appearance may be a nod to Van Helsing.
- Before the introduction of Outlaw rogues in Legion, Godfrey was the only character in WoW to use one-handed guns/pistols.
- Prior to patch 9.0.1, Godfrey's aggro quote to Horde players was That bitch Sylvanas sent you too, did she? No matter, your journey ends in agony. This line, along with a line spoken by Garrosh Hellscream in , was changed after a member of the development team who enjoyed playing World of Warcraft with his child sent feedback that the word "bitch" stuck out from other language in the game.
- Patch 9.0.2 (2020-11-17): Horde aggro quote changed.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): He should now face a random target when casting Pistol Barrage.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.
- ^ Steve Danuser on Twitter (2020-08-29). Archived from the original on 2020-09-14. “Allow me to explain the decision. A team member sent feedback that he enjoyed playing the game with his kid, but when they encountered Garrosh's line, it stuck out from other language in the game. Several of us discussed the feedback and decided to make a change.”