|Title||Eredar Lord of the Burning Legion|
|Race||Man'ari eredar (Demon)|
Before becoming man'ari, Jaraxxus was known as Grand Vizier Jarasum, one of the three greatest pupils of Archimonde. He acted as the Arc-Consul's second and oversaw much of the day to day operations in the Conservatory of the Arcane. When discipline was needed, it was often his voice that would ring out. He was not well liked, but he was respected nonetheless.
Lord Jaraxxus was summoned by Grand Warlock Wilfred Fizzlebang when the gnome attempted to summon a doomguard for the next challenge during the Trial of the Crusader. Jaraxxus killed Fizzlebang for his efforts, and next planned to kill the adventurers and open a portal to let the Burning Legion invade Azeroth once more. Archmage Timear of the Kirin Tor had foreseen the event, and the Council of Six had therefore sent adventurers to participate in the trial and kill Jaraxxus, which they also succeeded at doing.
His location after the formation of the Legionfall is unknown.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Lord Jaraxxus (tactics)||??|
|Grand Vizier Jarasum||110||49,332|
- Main article: Lord Jaraxxus (tactics)#Quotes
- Main article: The Battle for Broken Shore (Alliance)#Final Stage: Stop Gul'dan
- Jaraxxus appears as a legendary hero card for the warlock class in Hearthstone. Playing the hero card destroys the summoning warlock and replaces them with Jaraxxus. The game then continues with the player now controlling Jaraxxus, as a significantly enhanced hero with formidable powers. His flavor text is the same quote he uses in the instance: "TRIFLING GNOME! YOUR ARROGANCE WILL BE YOUR UNDOING!!!!"
- Jaraxxus is referenced in The Grand Tournament expansion by the rare warlock spell Fist of Jaraxxus, whose artwork depicts a Eredar Chaosbringer from the TCG with blue skin instead of Jaraxxus' red. The flavor text reads * Not actually Jaraxxus' fist. in reference to this.
- Players who pre-purchased the "Mega Bundle" for the The Boomsday Project expansion received an alternate warlock hero in the form of Mecha-Jaraxxus, a mechanically enhanced version of the eredar lord created by Dr. Boom. Mecha-Jaraxxus' flavor text reads: Dr. Boom rebuilt Jaraxxus with unbelievable puzzle-solving skills, but he still wins most games through intimidation.
- Jaraxxus is a playable hero in the Battlegrounds mode and a legendary Protector mercenary in the Mercenaries mode.
Notes and trivia
- Jaraxxus is one of few members of the Burning Legion to appear in Wrath of the Lich King, others including the nathrezim Mal'Ganis and Varimathras. Jaraxxus is also the only man'ari eredar to appear in Wrath.
- Players can temporarily transform into Jaraxxus by using the toy, which includes the ability to spout numerous of his quotes on command.
- Lord Jaraxxus is voiced by Jamieson Price.
- Jaraxxus has become quite (in)famous among the playerbase for his voice files during the encounter, largely thanks to a (now removed) remix by the YouTuber MrVoletron and his extremely powerful Hearthstone card.
- During early Legion development, Jaraxxus was present during the Legion Invasion of the Northern Barrens as the final boss of the scenario.
Jaraxxus, then known as Jarasum, prior to being corrupted into a man'ari.
Artwork of from the TCG, used to represent Jaraxxus in Hearthstone.
Mecha-Jaraxxus in Hearthstone.
Mecha-Jaraxxus and the Rusted Legion on the key art for Hearthstone's Trial by Felfire adventure.
|Trial of the Crusader||Battle for Broken Shore||Toy transformation|