|Race||Night elf (Humanoid)|
|Level||19 - 62 Elite|
|Affiliation(s)||Druids of the Fang|
|Former affiliation(s)||Disciples of Naralex|
|Status||Deceased (Lore) / Killable(WoW)|
A childhood friend of Naralex, the warrior Aryn was a quick study in druidism. Despite his training, the acolyte was defenseless against the corruption that would strip away his sanity. Aryn has taken on the name Pythas, combining his impressive melee prowess with his druidic arsenal to vanquish intruders.
- Healing Touch — Lord Pythas heals an ally.
- Lightning Bolt — Lord Pythas hurls a bolt of lightning at his current target, inflicting Nature damage.
- Druid's Slumber — Lord Pythas puts a player to sleep for 6 sec. Any hostile action will awaken the target.
- Thunderclap — Lord Pythas inflicts Nature damage to all players within 10 yards, increasing the time between their attacks by 40% and slowing their movement speed by 40% for 6 sec.
Pythas is the toughest of the Leaders of the Fang. He puts out a lot of melee damage, and he has a lot of hitpoints. He also has one elite druid and one Elite Deviate Shambler with him. Either kill the adds first, or keep them CC'd until Pythas is dead.
- Note that the druid that accompanies Pythas can sleep a member of the party. If the tank is asleep, Pythas will move to the next highest target on his aggro list.
- If the other two adds are cc'd, or off tanked (another leather / mail wearer or a pet tanking the shambler) and the druid polymorphed or ignored, a balanced party can take down Pythas fairly quickly. Then focusing on the remaining adds shouldn't be a problem.
It can happen under certain circumstances that Pythas, like Kresh before in the instance, due to a bug, walks into the ground or a rock and becomes stuck. This counts as a death for the Naralex summoning event, but the NPC in question cannot be looted.
- The coils of death... Will crush you.
- Pythas is voiced by Marc Graue.
- Patch 7.3.5 (2018-01-16): Scales to level 60. Previous level: 20.