|Race||Blood elf (Humanoid)|
|Location||Saltheril's Haven, Eversong Woods|
A lesser quel'dorei noble, Saltheril's extravagant parties were famous throughout Quel'Thalas.
The lord was moved to tears by Lirath Windrunner's rendition of Lament of the Highborne, and offered the young musician his patronage. He and his latest paramour, Elisara Sunstriker, hosted the Windrunners at his country abode and had Lirath perform for the haughty nobles of Silvermoon. Saltheril even arranged for his young prodigy to play for Kael'thas Sunstrider, prince of Quel'Thalas, during one of the prince's rare returns from Dalaran.
This party proved a scandalous affair, as the antics of a young Sylvanas Windrunner saw Lord Saltheril and Elisara afflicted by woundwood intended for Aravan and Rendris of the House of Salonar. Saltheril indignantly banished both Windrunners from his haven in response. Attending the party was the Farstrider Lor'themar Theron, who interceded on the Windrunners' behalf and won Lirath clemency, but nothing would ease Saltheril's loathing for Sylvanas, whose exile he insisted upon. To his relief, the party's turn amused rather than offended Prince Kael'thas, who sponsored the youngest Windrunner in Silvermoon. Later, he attended the Remembrance at the Court of the Sun and met with Sylvanas again.
Saltheril attended Lirath's funeral after his death in the Second War. Years later, Sylvanas – now the Dark Lady of the Forsaken – would return to her homeland to negotiate its entrance into the Horde. On a nostalgic whim, the dark lady asked after Saltheril's fate and was surprised to learn he'd survived the Scourge invasion of Quel'Thalas. According to the kingdom's regent lord, not even Arthas Menethil could halt his parties for long – even if Lord Saltheril now taps into his Suntouched Special Reserve with greater frequency.
Oh, hello there.. um... what's your name?
No matter, what brings you to my home-away-from-home here out in the beautiful countryside?
- Dialogues (answers chosen randomly)
- Elisara Sunstriker says: You promised to take me out for a night on the town! Are we just going to stand around here again tonight?
- Elisara Sunstriker says: Salthy, do you think we're letting too many 'undesirables' into the party? I do worry about what our friends might think of all of this.
- Elisara Sunstriker says: Milord, do you think that we can join the party soon? I'm so bored in here.
- Elisara Sunstriker says: I was just thinking...We really ought to take a trip south one of these nights, maybe have an evening picnic overlooking the fighting at the border? What do you think, milord? Wouldn't that be just so exciting?
- Elisara Sunstriker says: I'm so tired. We really shouldn't have stayed up so late last night... well this morning. But it was fun! You do throw the best soirees milord.
- Elisara Sunstriker says: Milord, with much of the sin'dorei nobility regrettably crushed, does that mean that you are likely to receive an elevation soon?
- Lord Saltheril says: As you say, my dear, as you say.
- Lord Saltheril says: Hmm, what was that? I'm sorry my dear, I must have been daydreaming.
- Lord Saltheril says: Oh, most definitely, Elisara. But please, can you show the least bit of patience?
- Lord Saltheril says: Is that so? How very interesting. My dear, why don't you run along and powder your nose? I have much to think about.
He might be related to Tirathon Saltheril.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.