|Level||21 - 87 Elite|
Lord Walden is the fourth boss of the Shadowfang Keep instance.
- For his character biography, see Lord Walden.
Lord Walden is one of two of the Gilnean eastern lords convinced by Lord Godfrey to go with his plan. Later he was resurrected by the Forsaken along with Lord Godfrey and Baron Ashbury and have fled into the Shadowfang Keep along with his companions shortly after the failed assassination attempt on Sylvanas Windrunner.
He is the fourth boss of the instance. The Lower Observatory was Arugal's main study and Laboratory. Walden has taken it over for his own research, impressed with Arugal's line of research and equally in contempt of his practical lab upkeep.
Godfrey's right-hand man, the arrogant Lord Walden vowed to pay any price, including death, to serve his compatriot. Now among the undead, Walden intends to keep his word, attacking adversaries with ice and venom.
- Ice Shards — Lord Walden releases Ice Shards all over his laboratory for 5 sec. Each Ice Shard arcs through the air then lands, dealing 138 to 161 Frost damage to all enemy targets within 2 yards.
- Conjure Poisonous Mixture — Lord Walden conjures a bottle of poisonous mixture then throws it at the location of a random player. When the bottle lands on the ground it erupts. The poison immediately inflicts 150 Nature damage to players within 4 yards, and continues to inflict 28 to 31 Nature damage every 2 seconds while decreasing the movement speed of players by 40% for 15 sec.
- Conjure Frost Mixture — Lord Walden summons a frosty mixture and breaks it on the ground. The chemicals immediately deal 185 to 215 Frost damage to all nearby enemies within 45 yards.
- Conjure Mystery Toxin — Lord Walden summons a cauldron of Mystery Toxin for 10 seconds. The concoction inside is usually a Toxic Coagulant, but when Lord Walden reaches 35% health he summons a cauldron of Toxic Catalyst instead.
- Toxic Coagulent — Every 3 seconds the Toxic Coagulent toxin is applied to nearby enemy players from Lord Walden's cauldron. The Toxic Coagulent inflicts 11100 to 12900 damage every second, and decreases the movement speed of the affected player by 10% for 6 sec. This effect can stack up to 3 times, and if it does then the toxin fully coagulates and the player is stunned for 5 sec. However, whenever a player moves or jumps the toxin becomes unable to coagulate and a stack is removed.
- Toxic Catalyst — The Toxic Catalyst pours out of Lord Walden's cauldron, inflicting 13875 to 16125 Fire damage every 2 seconds but increasing the target's critical chance by 100% for 10 sec.
Lord Walden is not a terribly difficult fight. The Healer must keep people alive when they are affected by either Frost Mixture or Poisonous Mixture (although Poisonous Mixture can be cured by classes with the appropriate Poison removal ability). When he casts Icy Shards, everyone must keep moving to avoid getting hit by them. The most important aspect is when he casts Unstable Mixture. When he does, it will either be a green liquid or a red liquid (chosen randomly). If it appears green, everyone must keep moving to avoid its damage. If it appears red, everyone must stand still to avoid its damage.
- Packleader Ivar Bloodfang says: We will stand idle no longer! The time to act is now!
- Deathstalker Commander Belmont says: I've sent my men forward on the rooftops to secure the area around Lord Walden.
- Lord Walden says: I must give Arugal some credit, his lines of research were quite novel.
- Lord Walden says: Missing pages, broken equipment, tainted samples! How does someone work in these conditions!
- Lord Walden says: These notes are horribly organized. I can't tell if Arugal was brilliant or simply an imbecile.
- Lord Walden says: This library should prove to be useful to my own research.
- Even here I find myself beset by fools!
- Killing a player
- This childish effort ends now!
- You shall annoy me no longer!
- My new life was just beginning...
Scene After Death
- Packleader Ivar Bloodfang yells: Your time has finally come, Godfrey!
- Packleader Ivar Bloodfang yells: Attack, my brothers! Make him feel the fury of the pack!
- Packleader Ivar Bloodfang says: You'd best hurry if you want any of the spoils.
- Deathstalker Commander Belmont says: The time has come, soldiers! Godfrey lies just ahead! Have no mercy! We fight-
- High Warlord Cromush yells: FOR THE HORDE!!!
- Deathstalker Commander Belmont says: You'd better hurry up if you want in on all the fun.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08):
- Conjure Poisonous Mixture now deals more initial damage.
- Frost Mixture is now area-of-effect damage.
- Toxic Catalyst now deals less damage over time.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.