|End||Lieutenant Horatio Laine|
- Eavesdrop on Thugs
A couple of thugs recently shows up at the farm, causin' all kinds of trouble. I don't know where they came from or who they're working for, but I KNOW they're bad news. I may have overheard 'em talkin' 'bout subjects that might interest you.
If you're interested, you'll find the thugs back behind the farmhouse. If you get caught or killed, I don't know you. Never seen ya!
Good luck, kid.
We're dealing with an organization here, rookie. You don't just off the richest bum in Westfall in broad daylight and leave no witnesses. Someone with a lot of power is behind these murders. What have you learned so far?
Run behind the barn. It's necessary to round the corner to start the script event.
- Thug 1 says: Did you... Did you meet her?
- Thug 2 says: Yep. She's for real.
- Thug 2 says: She wanted me to tell you lugs that she appreciates the job that we did for her on the Furlbrows. Gave me a pile o' gold to split with you all.
- Thug 3 says: See her face? Is it really...
- Thug 1 says: Whoa, what do we have here? Looks like we have ourselves an eavesdropper, boys.
- Thug 1 says: Only one thing to do with a lousy, good-for-nothin eavesdropper.
- Thug 1 says: DIE!
The four thugs turn hostile, but they only have ~70 HP each. Once all four are dead...
- Two gunshots suddenly ring out and a woman screams!
- Hurry back to the Furlbrow's Cottage!
Back up front, Laine's arrived and his investigators are yelling at three homeless Stormwind citizens because... Lou's dead!
- Stormwind Investigator says: You were standing right here! What the hell did you see? Speak up!
- Homeless Stormwind Citizen says: I... I didn't see nothin'! He... he died of natural causes.
- Stormwind Investigator says: Natural causes? Two bullets in the chest and his shoes are on his head. What kind of natural death would that be?
- Lieutenant Horatio Laine says: Doesn't look good, rookie.
- Lieutenant Horatio Laine says: This was an execution. Whoever did this was sending a message...
- Lieutenant Horatio Laine says: A message for anyone that would dare snitch on these criminals.
- Lieutenant Horatio Laine says: It would appear that poor Lou really did put his foot...
- Laine slips on his sunglasses as he speaks.
- Lieutenant Horatio Laine says: In his mouth.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.