- "Valentine" redirects here. For the Kul Tiran, see Marshal M. Valentine.
|Love is in the Air|
|Duration||February 8 - 22 (2021)|
|Preceded by||New Year|
|Followed by||Lunar Festival|
"Love is in the Air" is a seasonal event that takes place around Valentine's Day. The first "Love is in the Air" event occurred in 2006 for about 4 days. In 2010, the event was expanded to about two weeks and additional content added; see Love is in the Air (original) for the previous version.
From the official site:
- Something is in the air in the major cities of Azeroth. Some call it love, and some just call it friendship and admiration. Whichever it is, many guards and townsfolks now spend their days giving and receiving tokens and gifts to other amorous citizens.
- The more skeptical, however, are suspicious of the strange "love sickness" clouding the hearts of so many. Will this widespread occurrence be simply taken as a recent outbreak of amore? Or will our brave adventurers find a sinister plot behind the source of this plague of passion? Only time will tell...
- 1 New in 2020
- 2 Collectables
- 3 Holiday items
- 4 Quests
- 5 Event boss
- 6 Bouquet of Roses
- 7 Achievements
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Commercial
- 11 Patches and hotfixes
- 12 See also
- 13 References
- 14 External links
New in 2020
- added to the Mission Command Table.
- Event necklaces scale up to ilvl 425 at level 120.
Two mounts are available.
Three pets are available.
Four toys are available.
Two toys are available for purchase:
One toy is an achievement reward:
The Crown Chemical Co. is in town! Items can be purchased from the Lovely Merchant in each major city for a or six. Tokens can be purchased with Lovely Charm Bracelets and are rewarded by several quests. The bracelets are created from ten Lovely Charms.
To collect Lovely Charms, players must have the in their inventory, which is available from Kwee Q. Peddlefeet. Then go kill mobs and/or players that would grant or XP. You need not loot these mobs to gain the Lovely Charm; it will appear in your inventory automatically.
Without grinding charms, players can acquire 35-40x each day. See the quests section for more information.
|1||(from vendor; quests return x5 rate)|
The Love is in the Air vendors will pay one Love Token for a Lovely Charm Bracelet. The four daily Lovely Charm Bracelet quests reward five Love Tokens per bracelet and reward a card that can be used for a buff.
Love Token requirements
There are two other achievements that require Love Token-purchased items:
There are several daily quests and a quest chain during the holiday.
A Gift for ...
A daily quest from Kwee Q. Peddlefeet offering a gift (a ) to the leader of the capital city. Receive 5x and a consumable card that provides a buff to a core stat for an hour. All four of these quests can be completed each day.
Crown Chemical Co. Contraband
The Love is in the Air event boss consists of a three-NPC boss encounter in a special version of Shadowfang Keep, which can be queued up for using the Dungeon Finder. The event can be queued up for by players level 16 and higher and scales for all levels.
Apothecary Hummel, alongside Apothecary Baxter and Apothecary Frye comprise the encounter. Hummel will drop one holiday-themed necklace per kill, which can be repeated as often as desired. Once a day he will also drop the (for level 110+ players) or the . The only difference between the two drops is that the Carton cannot contain the .
Bouquet of Roses
Latest known drop locations (as of Patch 4.3.2):
|Blackrock Caverns||Normal and Heroic||Corla <Herald of Twilight>|
|Deadmines||Heroic Only||Admiral Ripsnarl|
|End Time||Echo of Sylvanas|
|Grim Batol||Normal and Heroic||Drahga Shadowburner|
|Hour of Twilight||Asira Dawnslayer|
|Shadowfang Keep||Heroic Only||Lord Godfrey|
|The Stonecore||Normal and Heroic||High Priestess Azil|
|Well of Eternity||Queen Azshara|
Love is in the Air does not exist in Module:AchievementTable/data
- In Hearthstone, the Love Is in the Air card back was rewarded for achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Season 22, which took place during January 2016. The flavor text reads: "Many believe goblins made up this holiday to sell candy. It's not true! They also sell flowers and perfume!"
In 2007, Blizzard created a Burning Crusade commercial that featured the "Love is in the Air" event as well as the new jewelcrafting profession. From the official website, the ad was described as follows:
What do you get the blood elf who has everything? This Valentine's Day, make it an epic jewel! Yes, the industrial empires of Azeroth aren't about to let anyone escape the relentless marketing campai- er, bloom of true love associated with this time of year! Take a look at this new commercial but be warned that you may be struck by a sudden impulse to spend all the gold you've saved for your epic mount.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2012-02-07): Players are now able to receive Lovely Charms while on the quest "Test Your Strength", when the player's inventory has both the Darkmoon Adventurer's Guide and Lovely Charm Collector's Kit. Players now have the chance to receive both the and from a single kill.
- Patch 4.3.2 (2012-01-31): added.
- Hotfix (2010-09-02): Any player who has a Lovely Charm Collector's Kit in their bags now has a chance to receive a Lovely Charm when in a group or raid and a group member gets a killing blow as long as they are within a certain range of the kill.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): This event has been reworked.
- Patch 1.9.3 (2006-02-07): Added.
- Love is in the Air 2009 - description of this event from 2006-2009.