|Race||Skeletal mage (Undead)|
|Former affiliation(s)||Hillsbrad, Alliance|
|Former occupation(s)||Magistrate of Hillsbrad|
|Location||Sludge Fields, Hillsbrad Foothills|
Magistrate Rutherford Burnside was a human found in Hillsbrad in the Hillsbrad Foothills. Before the Cataclysm, High Executor Darthalia wanted Burnside killed in order to disrupt the leadership of the Hillsbrad community which was possibly an unsuccessful attempt.
He was the most recent leader of the Hillsbrad Fields, until the Forsaken assaulted the town. Burnside and a few dozen Hillsbrad residents stayed behind to defend the town but was ultimately defeated, imprisoned, and experimented on. Now he has joined the ranks of the undead as an elite skeletal mage. He is invulnerable, floating inside a bubble. Master Apothecary Lydon in the Sludge Fields wants him dead in order to remove all traces of Warden Stillwater's experiments. During the fight, Apothecary Lydon and Jenny are assisting the adventurer to kill him.
- Fire Nova — Inflicts Fire damage to nearby enemies.
- Fireball — Inflicts Fire damage to an enemy.
- Inferno Shell — Inflicts 100 Fire damage to nearby enemies, and encases the caster in a shield of flame that lasts 10 sec. and burns melee attackers for an additional 78 damage.
- Main article: Burnside Must Fall#Notes
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Changed, level reduced from 30 to 21.