Magistrate Henry Maleb
|Race(s)||Worgen (formerly human)|
|Affiliation(s)||Stormwind, Refugee Leadership|
|Former affiliation(s)||Kingdom of Lordaeron|
|Occupation||Former Magistrate of Southshore|
Shadowfang Keep (Silverpine Forest) and Old Hillsbrad Foothills|
formerly Southshore, Hillsbrad Foothills
Before the Forsaken bombing of the city, he was the human Magistrate of Southshore in the Hillsbrad Foothills. He seemed to have a rather warped definition of the word 'recent', for although he claimed to have only just become the magistrate of Southshore after the assassination of the previous magistrate at the hands of the Syndicate, he had actually been leader of the town for quite some time, as evidenced by his appearance in Old Hillsbrad Foothills. As it happened, Maleb had been the new target of the Shadowy Assassins that were creeping around Southshore.
After the Cataclysm, Maleb escaped the Forsaken's plague-bombing of Southshore to Fenris Keep, where the Bloodfang Pack was situated, along with other inhabitants of the city, and willingly became a worgen to become immune to the Forsaken's necromancy and to exact revenge against his enemies, in an effort to retake Lordaeron for the Alliance. Darius and Ivar also made their blood offering to hundreds of other human survivors in Lordaeron, substantially bolstering the ranks of the Hillsbrad Worgen. Unluckily for him, he has been locked up in Shadowfang Keep by the treacherous Lord Godfrey and his followers. It is unknown what became of him after adventurers kill Baron Ashbury, as he and the Forsaken are left in the cells.
It is most likely, however, that the Magistrate is released by the worgen shortly after the death of Baron Ashbury, and the Forsaken released by their brethren as well.
- Chilled — If an enemy strikes the caster, they may have their movement slowed by 30% and the time between their attacks increased by 20% for 5 sec. Only one type of Armor spell can be active on the Mage at any time.
- Frost Armor — Encases the caster in a layer of frost that lasts 30 min. The thick ice reduces Physical damage taken, slows melee attackers' movement, and increases the time between their attacks.
- Frost Nova — Inflicts Frost damage to nearby enemies, immobilizing them for up to 8 sec.
- Frostbolt — Inflicts Frost damage to nearby enemies, reducing their movement speed for 4 sec.
When I was first offered the title of Southshore Magistrate I was elated to have earned such a commission so early in my career.
But now that I'm here, I wonder if I'd have been better off shuffling papers in Stormwind.
To Baron Ashbury:
- Better to rot in this cell than live as a dishonorable traitor.
After Baron Ashbury is engaged:
- Tear him apart!
In the RPG
- Though he was removed from the open-world Hillsbrad Foothills, he can still be seen in Southshore vs Tarren Mill.
Magistrate Henry Maleb can also be found in the Old Hillsbrad dungeon in the Caverns of Time, years younger but already positioned in the town hall of Southshore. This is quite strange, since in the quest "Syndicate Assassins" referenced above, his present-day self claims that he only just attained the position of magistrate:
- "I am the new magistrate of Southshore, recently assigned after the assassination of the previous magistrate. The assassins were never found, but through our investigations we're almost certain they were hired by the Syndicate - a group of thieves led by villainous nobles of the now fallen kingdom of Alterac."
This would make his presence as Magistrate in the Southshore of the past utterly impossible; yet there he is.
An explanation to this can be that in the 7 years, he lost the position and recently regained it...or perhaps it was his 'father' (of the same name) who was killed.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Moved to Shadowfang Keep, and level reduced from 60 to 20. Appears during Silverpine Forest questing. Model updated.