|The subject of this article was removed in patch 7.0.3 but remains in World of Warcraft: Classic.
Tips and tactics
- This totem is particularly useful in PvP against stealthed rogues. Damage from a Magma Totem pulse will bring a rogue out of stealth.
- Useless against high Fire resistant players/mobs.
- When combined with , it is a highly effective AoE in trash fights during raids, putting the Shaman on par with mages and other AoE heavy classes.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
- Now available only to Enhancement shaman.
- Magma Totem's damage has been increased by 100%, and now ticks faster with Haste.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Now lasts for 60 seconds, up from 21.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): The damage and scaling has been increased and no longer generates threat.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): This totem will now correctly do damage on its 10th tick, right before despawning.
- Patch 0.10 (2004-09-18): Moved to level 26.
- Patch 0.9.1 (2004-08-24): Bug fixed where Magma Totem was dealing incorrect damage.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Moved to level 28. Mana cost increased. Damage reduced.