|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
|Mana Spring Totem|
|Rank||Level||Mana per Tick||Equivalent Mp5||Cost|
Mana Spring Totem is a Water totem, and thus cannot be used at the same time as another water totem. Like all shaman totems it only has 5 hit points and is easily targeted and destroyed. The effect does not stack with a paladin's .
Mana Spring Totem will restore the mana used to cast it within a few seconds. The longer you stay in range of the totem or the longer a fight lasts, the more valuable it becomes. Since the mana restored is per target, having more mana users in the group makes the totem increasingly more valuable.
While the amount of mana restored per tick may seem small, it quickly adds up in a group of mana users, making this a very powerful totem in long fights and raid encounters.
Tips and tactics
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed.
- Patch 3.1.2 (2009-05-19): now grants 92 mana per 5 seconds to prevent being overwritten by Mana Spring Totem.
- Hotfix (2009-04-23): and Mana Spring Totem will no longer stack as intended.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Now provides the same mana benefit as a paladin's to the entire party or raid, but is exclusive with that effect.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Totem duration increased from 2 to 5 minutes.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): The mana restored by the totem increased by roughly 50%.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Duration increased to 2 minutes.
- Patch 1.11.0 (2006-06-19): Mana cost reduced.
- Patch 1.1.0 (2004-11-07): Restores mana in smaller, more frequent intervals (roughly the same total over time).
- Patch 0.9 (2004-08-17): Mana Font Totem renamed to Mana Spring Totem.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Moved to level 26. Area of effect increased.
- Patch 0.6 (2004-04-13): Mana cost reduced and duration increased.