|Affiliation(s)||Orgrimmar, Burning Blade clan (presumed)|
Grol'dom Farm, Northern Barrens|
“I swore that nothing would stir me to take up this blade again.
I was a fool.”
- — Mankrik
Mankrik is an orc quest giver located at Grol'dom Farm in the Northern Barrens and near Razorfen Kraul in the Southern Barrens. Quilboar corpses are littered around him in the Southern Barrens. Mankrik also helps defend Sethria's Roost on Mount Hyjal against the minions of Ragnaros during the quest .
Mankrik and his wife Olgra battled quilboar in a small tauren camp when they were separated by the overwhelming numbers. As he saw his wife being overwhelmed by newcomers, rage came over him as he turned to face his enemies, but they brought him down easily with their vast numbers. He later awoke to a tauren druid tending his wounds — the druid had come across him on the Gold Road as he fell. Filled with uncertainty whether his wife was still alive or not, he stood at the Crossroads every day scouting the horizon for more quilboar to quench his bloodthirst.
He later managed to retrieve the corpse of his wife and bury her, raising a humble monument in her honor. However his thirst for quilboar blood had still not been quenched, killing every single one of them he'd seen since they murdered his wife and burned down his homestead. Still not satisfied with the slaughter of the quilboar at Thorn Hill, he later traveled to the Southern Barrens, realizing that there he would never have peace without his wife, wanting to see the quilboar's very homes razed. It's then hinted that Mahka helps him to settle with his troubles and may be romantically involved.
Horde players fighting in the Molten Front may receive Mankrik as one of their random strike force partners in the daily quest, . He will not join Alliance players. /waving at him counts toward the achievement,
- Southern Barrens
- Battle Shout — Increases the melee attack power of nearby friendly targets for 2 min.
- Bladestorm — Instantly Whirlwind all nearby targets and for the next 6 sec you will perform a whirlwind attack every 1 sec. While under the effects of Bladestorm, you can move but cannot perform any other abilities.
- Bladestorm — In a whirlwind of steel you attack all enemies within 8 yards, causing weapon damage from both melee weapons to each enemy.
- Bloodthirst — Instantly attack the target causing 120% of normal weapon damage. In addition, successful melee attacks will restore 1% of maximum health. This effect lasts 10 sec.
- Burning Blade Banner — The standard of a Blademaster.
- Horde Banner — Representing the Horde colors.
- Rend — Inflicts Physical damage to an enemy every 3 sec. for 15 sec.
- Shattering Throw — Throws your weapon at the enemy causing weapon damage and reducing the armor on the target by 20% for 10 sec.
- Slam — Slams the opponent, causing weapon damage plus an additional amount.
- Northern Barrens
- Southern Barrens
- (also known as "Mankrik's Wife")
- Stormsong Valley
World of Warcraft
I came to the Crossroads from the south seeking help, <class>, but I find only cowards who turn their backs on me -- even the mighty Thork insults me so. He is a good leader, but his dismissal of my plea causes me greater anger.
He claims my rage makes me hasty -- that it clouds my judgement -- but I will not rest until I have vengeance!
I thank you, <name>. Your dedication to my plea gives rest to my lost wife's spirit, and for that I could never repay you enough.
I cannot say that my hatred will ever cease for the quilboar, but it is satiated for now.
Now I must begin to rebuild my life.
- Southern Barrens
- Main article: Mahka's Plea#Notes
I swore that nothing would stir me to take up this blade again.
I was a fool.
- An unused NPC representing Mankrik is situated in the same ID range as other legendary warriors presumably meant to appear in Skyhold. He and most of these NPCs didn't make it out of the Legion alpha stage.
- During the Battle for Azeroth beta, Mankrik was initially planned to appear in Stormsong Valley, assisting the player with killing the Briarback quilboar in Briarback Kraul.
- Mankrik's appears as a legendary card in the Forged in the Barrens expansion for Hearthstone. His flavor text reads: "Relives his nightmare every day a new Horde player is created."
It is possible that Mankrik is a former member of the Burning Blade clan and a blademaster, as he shows signs of obsession (asking you to kill dozens of quilboar) and also displayed a Burning Blade banner outside his hut in the Crossroads. This seems to be confirmed with his new guise in Cataclysm. When he appears as a child in Warlords of Draenor he says "We're frostwolf. We don't lose, blood elf", implying that he is a member of the Frostwolf Orcs. However, since Kairoz claimed that the alternate Draenor is not a perfect copy, it is possible that Mankrik being a Frostwolf rather than a Burning Blade member is one of the differences between the alternate Draenor and the main timeline. Alternatively, he may have decided to leave the Frostwolves and be trained as a blademaster.