|Former affiliation(s)||Undercity, Stormwind, Kingdom of Lordaeron|
|Occupation||Founder and leader of the Rotbrain undead|
|Former occupation(s)||Marshal of Southshore's military|
Marcus Redpath was the headman of Southshore prior to the onset of the Second War, greeting Anduin Lothar, Khadgar, and the refugees from the Kingdom of Stormwind. He sent his fastest rider, Willem, to King Terenas to alert him of their arrival.
Marcus was a human quest giver located in Southshore in the Hillsbrad Foothills. He seemed to be the leader of the military forces in Southshore and was eager to rid the town of various threats, including the murlocs, Crushridge ogres and naga.
Marcus was called to investigate the murder of Erik Fallrook. The Marshal had to arrest Kerri Hicks, a member of the Darkmoon Faire, who hit Erik the day before. An evidence against her was found by Redpath's soldier. Later he visited Kerri in prison and told her the sentence - she will be hanged. Soon later he was visited by Peter Hamelspot and Yebb Neblegear who told him the true murderer of Erik - his brother Cedrick Fallrook. Marcus then appeared in the chaos caused by the Darkmoon Faire and allowed them and Cedrick to leave as his father, Terrence Fallrook, told him that Cedrick was with him that night.
With the destruction of Southshore by Forsaken plague bombing in Cataclysm, Marcus was killed with many other citizens. His body was transported to the Deathknell Graves and raised as an undead, but when he was approached by a Forsaken agent to join them, he refused, instead opting to create a "Forsaken with elbows" faction.
- Heroic Leap
Notes and trivia
- Though he was removed from the open-world Hillsbrad Foothills, he can still be seen in Southshore vs Tarren Mill.
- Before or after you finish the quest Assault on the Rotbrain Encampment the Rotbrains including their leader are neutral regardless of faction.
- Although neutral for Alliance players, he is attackable.
- Following his resurrection, Redpath seems to have lost much of his sanity. Though he was initially portrayed as simply a rebel, holding a massive hatred for the Forsaken and vowing vengeance for Southshore, following the Cataclysm beta his undead personality had changed completely.
- He is possibly related to Joseph, Carlin, and Marlene Redpath.
- He might have been the Redpath briefly mentioned in , which would have made him a member of the Theramore city guard at some point.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Changed from human to Forsaken.