|Title||Baron of Gadgetzan, Mayor, Mister|
|Affiliation(s)||Gadgetzan, Uncrowned, Steamwheedle Cartel|
|Occupation||Ruler of Gadgetzan, Alchemist, Champion of the Uncrowned, Leader of the Steamwheedle Cartel|
|Companion(s)||Nargle Boomslang (assistant)|
Marin Noggenfogger is the creator of the famous and, ever since the Cataclysm, the baron of the goblin city of Gadgetzan in Tanaris. He is married to Sprinkle, whom he previously considered a mere friend. He is also a leader of the Steamwheedle Cartel. During the third invasion of the Burning Legion, he joined the Uncrowned to give his expertise in poisons and alchemy.
World of Warcraft
Having heard of some strange creatures called dew collectors able to store water in special glands, Marin sent adventurers to collect the glands. He tried it, and it tasted awful. Not wanting to give up on this, he had the adventurer ask Sprinkle for help, which she provided in the form of a powder. When he mixed it with the dew, he created Noggenfogger Elixir and immediately saw profit in it.
Once, when Marin was running past some old troll ruins, he noticed a camp set up there. He didn't get to visit it as he was chased off by vultures.
Having become baron of Gadgetzan, Kelsey Steelspark and Megs Dreadshredder tried to convince him to work with their factions. Their bickering resulted in Marin sending them to do some work instead, including dealing with the Southsea Freebooters in eastern Tanaris.
|This section is a lore stub.|
Marin led the defense of Gadgetzan during the Legion Invasions, driving a massive shredder with twin flamethrowers against the Burning Legion attackers. After each invasion was successfully repelled, he offered "slightly discounted Noggenfogger Elixirs all around!"
Following the tragic Battle for Broken Shore, Marin revealed himself to be a part of the Uncrowned. During the class order campaign, he is found in the Hall of Shadows managing the Crucible of the Uncrowned. It appears Marin is the only person who truly knows how to work the venomous injections of the crucible into the Shadow's artifacts and is thus a very valuable asset, though he uses this position for his own gain.
In addition to aiding the Shadow on their quest to fight the Legion, Marin also asks for their help on a money-making venture: Stealing a powerful genuine love potion from the vault of Trade Prince Gallywix. Marin thanks the adventurer and serves them as a champion.
Battle for Azeroth
Marin was among those who attended the private auction for the X-52 Personnel Armor. After Gallywix took Hobart Grapplehammer hostage to get the armor for himself, Marin joined the battle against Gallywix. After Hobart was freed and Gallywix beaten, the armor fell into the possession of Gallywix's old rival.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Uncrowned Vault||98 - 110||10,392,670|
Once his quest chain was completed, he would sell Noggenfogger Elixirs.
- Can't you see I'm busy here?
- Talk to me.
- Time is money, friend!
- What's up?
- Yeah, ho-ho! Very funny! *fake laughter*
- I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS!
- I don't have to take this. I AM THE BARON OF GADGETZAN!
- Maybe you'd prefer if some of my goons roughed ya up a bit, huh?
- Okay, that's it. I'm putting a contract out on your head. "Clicky McClickster" here sleeps with the fishes.
- All's fair in love and business!
- He he, glad I could help.
- Hey, you scratch my back, I'll pay someone to scratch yours.
- Hurry back!
- Keep it real!
When spoken to:
- On behalf of the illustrious and still neutral Steamwheedle Cartel, I hope you enjoy your stay.
- Remember, everyone is welcome in Gadgetzan! Everyone except pirates.
When spoken to if the character has completed Marin's pre-patch 4.0.3a quests:
- Welcome back, friend! If feels like it's been years since you helped me whip up my first Noggenfogger Elixir.
- Now I'm running the whole city! Those things still sell like crazy.
- Megs Dreadshredder says: The paperwork's ready for you to sign, Marin. My people are just waiting on your decision.
- Kelsey Steelspark says: Gosh, Mr. Noggenfogger, I know you wouldn't want to damage your reputation as a neutral trade entity by forming closer ties to the Horde!
- Megs Dreadshredder says: This is laughable. You know what it's like trying to do business with gnomes.
- Kelsey Steelspark says: Oh, oh, I know this one! It's better than doing business with failed goblins that had to beg others for help!
- Megs Dreadshredder says: Why you little irradiated...
- Marin Noggenfogger yells: AGH! Enough! You two are driving me INSANE! Start getting some freakin' work done around here or get the heck out of my town!
Hall of Shadows
- Look, <name>. I'll level with ya... Without your thieving prowess I'd be a much poorer goblin than I am today. I think we should keep this gold-en partnership going! You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. Together, we'll put an end to this Burning Legion invasion and line our pockets with all the wealth in Azeroth!
Living out there in the desert is rough! I get so thirsty standing outside in this heat.
Seen any strange things in the desert lately? Well, now that you mention it, yeah, I did see something I thought was a little strange yesterday afternoon.
I was running past some old troll ruins southeast of here; well, I wasn't really running, more like hopping... the sand's so hot!
Anyway, so I was hopping past these ruins, when I noticed a camp set up there. Seems like a funny place to set up camp, if you ask me... I would have poked around a little more but one of those crazy big vultures chased me off.
- During , you can threaten or pay him in order to be allowed to use the Crucible. later confirms that he was, in fact, threatened.
- After completing most of the quests in Tanaris, Marin will vanish from Gadgetzan. It's unknown why he does this or where he went to.
- Noggenfogger appears as a legendary card in the Mean Streets of Gadgetzan expansion for Hearthstone. His card ability causes all targets to be chosen randomly, which is reflected by his flavor text: "This flavor text was randomly generated. If it happens to form words and make sense, that is purely by chance."
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Model updated.