This ability is only usable in Suramar City. Whenever the player enters Suramar City, the Masquerade button appears on the extra action bar. When cast, it applies the nightborne disguise, making normally hostile Duskwatch city guards and demons neutral. Druid forms do not break the disguise, and in fact will change to become a manasaber while becomes an .
This does not mean that the player can be careless, however. Some guards and demons, marked with a special icon above their heads, can see through illusions. If the player moves too close to one of these guards, a circle will appear around the NPC and they will cast a spell to remove illusions in the circle. If the player does not move out of the circle in time, the disguise will fall off and nearby guards and demons will become hostile.
The demon version of the spell covers a much larger area and is an instant dispel, making these ones particularly important to watch out for.
If Masquerade falls off, it can be reapplied anywhere in Suramar City when out of combat.
Nightborne player characters start with this ability unlocked and the required quests already completed. However, they still need to apply Masquerade to avoid being attacked on sight by Duskwatch guards and demons in Suramar City.
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25):
- Druids no longer lose the Masquerade disguise in Suramar City while shapeshifting. will change into a and will instead change into a manasaber while in the city, while & glows an ethereal purple.
- Shaman no longer lose the Masquerade disguise in Suramar City after using . They will instead change into a mana saber while in the city.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.
- , a cut nightborne racial trait