|Title||Master Apothecary, Apothecary (formerly)|
|Former affiliation(s)||Scourge, Sylvanas' Forces|
|Location||Sludge Fields, Hillsbrad Foothills|
|Student(s)||Serge Hinott (apprentice)|
“I yearn to run experiments with... fresh venom... have ordered a collection of small, terribly cute animals on which to test it!”
- — Apothecary Lydon
Master Apothecary Lydon (promoted from Apothecary Lydon with the Cataclysm), is a member of the Royal Apothecary Society. Though dedicated to the Dark Lady and the advancement of the Forsaken, he suffers from severe depression. The only thing that cheers him is the suffering of the living. He had a frog named Umpi whom he referred to as his "assistant" but treated with a lethal callousness. He is likely working closely with Apothecary Jorell at the Go'Shek Farm in the Arathi Highlands.
The Third War
A former young human alchemist, Lydon participated in a battle during Sylvanas' liberation. The night before attacking the Capital City, Sylvanas met with the freed undead. She spoke about their purpose in the world and asked if they will help her retake the Capital. Lydon asked her what will happen to Garithos and his men. Lydon had already embraced his fate and spoke about humans as being another race. She responded that they will just serve for the battle.
World of Warcraft
Apothecary Lydon was a quest giver located in Tarren Mill in the Hillsbrad Foothills. He helped Apothecary Zamah to create to fix the Horde's problem in Stonetalon. He created the Elixir of Suffering and tested it on his frog Umpi. He sent adventurers to collect in the goal of creating a death-brew which he used to poison the dog of Hillsbrad, Stanley as a test and for fun. With the help of Master Apothecary Faranell, he created the Elixir of Agony and tested it on some hostage farmers. He participated in the identification of the Venom Bottle. The investigation lead to Shadra, the spider god of troll. After her supposed death, he sent the Shadra's poison to the Undercity.
Edge of Night
Lydon oversaw the attack on Gilneas alongside Warchief Garrosh Hellscream during the Dark Lady's absence. Lydon attempted to dissuade the warchief from using the Forsaken people to form a ramp of bodies for the Horde's main advance and proposed to use the new blight instead. This merely served to agitate Garrosh.
After the Cataclysm, Lydon was stationed in the ruined Southshore taking samples. He was later sent to oversee Warden Stillwater's experiments. He was dragged away by Stillwater's guards when he realized the Warden's project was not only a failure, but killing other Forsaken. The apothecary is found and rescued by a hero. Together they coordinate to destroy the failed experiments and execute the insane Stillwater.
World of Warcraft
World of Warcraft
- We are but so close to developing the New Plague that our Dark Lady desires with such fervor.
- "Oh, <name>... the flowers are blooming in Hillsbrad and the air is so fresh and brisk. I can't help but to wallow in the misery of it all. I look out my grimy window and long for the day when our New Plague brings this world the death it deserves."
- "I was growing so terribly bored here. Not a single entertaining thing to do besides poison and disease Umpi and reanimate her... over and over and over again."
- "Sometimes I get so bored out here in Tarren Mill I like to open up the formaldehyde jar and let the lovely aroma waft through the air. Makes Umpi a little nervous though. So were you able to get a keg from the Dwarves? I swear if I have to stare at this deadly elixir without using it on someone for another day I am going to scream."
- "Warden Stillwater, you are deranged and a threat to our way of life. By authority of the Dark Lady herself, I hereby impose upon you the harshest penalty allowed under Forsaken law - true death."
- Main article: Little Girl Lost#Notes
- Captured at the Sludge Fields
- Is this Stillwater's plan? To torture me before he kills me?
- How much longer are you going to cry?
- KILL ME OR KILL THE GIRL!
- Somebody shut this little girl up!
- Do you want a dolly, little girl? Would that make it better?
- He appears in Southshore vs Tarren Mill using his Cataclysm model.
- Lydon didn't appear during the Legion Invasions, unlike the other NPCs from the zone.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Has become a Master Apothecary, level lowered from 35 to 22 elite, and no longer has the title Royal Apothecary Society. Appearance updated.