|Mastery: Elemental Overload|
|Affects||, , , , ,|
- Rank 2 of this mastery, available at level 78, allows it to affect , as well as and if the Shaman is talented into these abilities.
- Stormkeeper - Causes the next two casts of Lightning Bolt or Chain Lightning to trigger an elemental overload on every target struck.
- Surge of Power - Casting allows the next Lightning Bolt to trigger an elemental overload 1 to 3 additional times.
- - The Storm Totem from this talent increases the chance for Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning to trigger an elemental overload by 5%.
- Unlimited Power - Grants a stacking buff for 2% Haste for 10 seconds each time an elemental overload occurs. The buff's duration is not refreshed when a stack is gained.
- At level 120, the ratio to gain 1% mastery is 38.9 mastery rating.
- The amount of maelstrom generated by elemental overloads is 75% of the normal amount.
- Though not mentioned, the ability gained while transformed by the Elemental version of is affected by this mastery.
- Elemental Overload only affects the direct damage done by . It does not affect casts under the Icefury buff.
- Each ability that can trigger this mastery has a separate spell (typically named <Ability Name Overload>) that's used for overloads. This allows the Shaman to distinguish casted abilities from overload procs in logs.
- This is the first and only mastery in game that is available before level 78. Thus, elemental is the only specialization that gains any benefit from mastery rating prior to level 78.
- This is the first and only mastery that has an additional rank.
- This is the first and only mastery to be reintroduced after being removed as one.
- was the mastery for elemental shaman prior to being redesigned and replaced in Patch 6.0.2.
- Prior to the introduction of masteries, the ability for certain Shaman spells to "overload" has existed in game since Patch 2.0.1 added .
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Now available at level 29 (reduced from level 78) and split into two ranks.
- Hotfix (2017-11-28): Elemental Overload spell damage reduced by 25% in PvP situations.
- Hotfix (2017-09-16): Fixed a bug causing Lava Burst and Lava Burst: Overload to deal less damage than intended in PvP situations.
- Hotfix (2017-09-06): Elemental Overloads should correctly hit if the target is behind the caster.
- Patch 7.3.0 (2017-08-29): Mastery: Elemental Overload now does 85% of base damage (was 75%) and its proc rate has been reduced by 17%.
- Hotfix (2017-01-24):
- Icefury Overload's damage is reduced by 35% in PvP situations.
- Elemental Blast Overload's damage is reduced by 15% in PvP situations.
- Hotfix (2016-09-23): Mastery effects increased by 12.5%.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added, replacing .
|Rank 1||Rank 2|