|Reputation||+75 The Silver Covenant|
Equip your lance, then mount the Stabled Quel'dorei Steed outside the pavilion. Speak to Jeran Lockwood and use Thrust 5 times on a Melee Target, then return to Arcanist Taelis at the Argent Tournament Grounds.
- Jeran Lockwood's advice
- Use on Melee Target x5
Once you're mounted, seek out Jeran Lockwood. He's on the northern edge of the tournament grounds at the training area east of the Aspirant's Ring. Jaren will instruct you on how to use your defenses to keep you safe while attacking a Melee Target at close range.
Did you speak to Jeran Lockwood and practice close range mounted melee?
Keep the words of the master in mind as you practice with the training dummies.
- Well met, <class>.
- I train Aspirants in the art of mounted close combat.
Show me how to train with a Melee Target?
Tell me more about Defend and Thrust!
- The Melee Target trains Aspirants in both mounted attacks and defense.
- Approach the Melee Target and strike it with a Thrust attack. The force of the blow often spins the target hard enough to injure you or your mount. This is where defense comes into play.
- Be certain to have at least 1 layer of Defend before attacking the target and continue to stack and refresh Defend throughout the training exercise.
- Otherwise, you may well find yourself dismounted.
- The same holds true in actual mounted combat: Balance attack and defense.
- Thrusting at every opportunity and maintaining your layers of Defend as best you can.
- and complete the daily quests listed below to earn enough to continue. (15 seals at 5 per day)
- Players will be offered one of these quests based on their race:
- and complete the daily quests listed below to earn enough to continue. (25 seals at 5 per day)
After completing "", the following quests open up allowing players to repeat the valiant stage of daily quests (steps six and seven) for the other factions with which they have not yet earned the right to champion:
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Added.