A mastiff in Hearthstone.
|Faction/Affiliation||Independent, Alliance, Scarlet Crusade, Dragonflayer clan|
|Area(s)||Gilneas, Scarlet Monastery, Western Plaguelands, Eastern Plaguelands, Howling Fjord, Dragonblight|
|Organization(s)||Solitary, pair, or pack|
|Sources: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm|
Mastiffs are a breed of dogs found primarily in Lordaeron. They appear to be common pets and companions of human societies, including vrykul. While mostly found domesticated, wild mastiffs can also be found in Gilneas.
- Angry Hound
- Attack Mastiff
- Blackhowl Bloodhound
- Dragonflayer Hunting Hound
- Durnholde Tracking Hound
- Gilnean Hound
- Gilnean Mastiff
- Gilnean Warhound
- Haunted Hound
- Mountain Mastiff
- Mudclaw's Guard Dog
- Obedient Hound
- Onslaught Bloodhound
- Rabid Mastiff
- Scarlet Farm Hound
- Scarlet Tracking Hound (removed)
- Starving Hound
- Stormglen Mastiff
- Wary Mastiff
As a companion pet
- can be purchased from the Blizzard Shop or the In-Game Store for $10 US or €10.
- is rewarded from .
- is rewarded from , a quest obtained in the burning house in Bradensbrook in Val'sharah.
- is a rare drop from Island Expeditions.
As a hunter pet
- Main article: Dog
Mastiffs are tameable by hunters as part of the dog family, which was first added in Cataclysm. Players that start as a worgen hunter will receive a mastiff as their first pet. They come in shades of black, grey, and brown.
- Concept art for a mastiff-like breed of hounds employed by the vrykul already existed before the release of Wrath of the Lich King as the "jag hund".
- Several mobs that once used the hyena model were updated to use the new mastiff model in Cataclysm, such as the various hounds employed by the Scarlet Crusade.
- Others, like the Black Ravager Mastiff using a black wolf model, were instead removed from the game.