- Maw of the Damned
- Item Level
- Binds when picked up
- Speed 3.60
- 66 – 137 Damage
- (28.2 damage per second)
- +37 Strength
- +56 Stamina
- +25 Critical Strike
- +24 Mastery
- Blood Artifact Relic Slot
- Iron Artifact Relic Slot
- Shadow Artifact Relic Slot
- Equip: Grants the Consumption ability, which deals massive damage and returns health to the wielder.
- Classes: Death knight
- "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."
- 1 Source
- 2 Background
- 3 Quotes
- 4 Artifact traits
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Notes and trivia
- 7 Videos
- 8 Patch changes
- 9 References
- 10 External links
- An ancient Legion axe forged from a metal that drains its victims' vital energies. The soul of its original creator is trapped within and cursed with unending hunger. For more than a thousand years, an old and cunning mo'arg has used the axe to butcher uprisings and consume the life force of the Legion's foes. Over its long and infamous history, the weapon has made its demonic bearer extraordinarily powerful.
From the official Legion site:
- For eons, the demon known as Gorelix the Fleshripper used this massive axe to steal the life force of his enemies and replenish his own. The Maw will bleed dry anything it touches—eating is all it knows.
- In Dalaran
- Dalaran Citizen says: The skull on that axe looks... hungry.
- Kil'jaeden encounter
- The Maw of the Damned begins to tug at your grip as you approach the Deceiver.
- Spirit of Netrezaar whispers: At long last! Revenge... revenge is mine! (Kil'jaeden's death)
|This is the default appearance||Recover one of the Pillars of Creation||Recover
||Complete the first major Campaign effort with your order|
|Complete the death knight Order Campaign
||Unlock every artifact trait
||Research the full history of the artifact
||Obtain eight rare archeological finds|
|Complete the Balance of Power questline
||Kill eight world bosses
||Complete a Mythic Mode Dungeon using a level 15 keystone
||Earn the achievement|
|Participate in Player vs. Player combat and reach||Reach||Reach||Reach|
|Complete the The Highlord's Return questline||Defeat Heroic Kiljaeden after unlocking a Challenge artifact appearance||Win 10 rated battlegrounds after unlocking a Challenge artifact appearance||Defeat all Legion dungeon bosses after unlocking a challenge artifact appearance|
|Acquire||Complete 30 Legion dungeons after unlocking a Hidden artifact appearance||Complete 200 World Quests after unlocking a Hidden artifact appearance||Kill 1,000 enemy players after unlocking a Hidden artifact appearance|
Notes and trivia
- Falara Nightsong and Temple Priestesses comment on the weapon.
- During early development, the weapon was named The Fleshripper's Harvest.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.