|Level||70 - 82 Elite|
|Location||Culling of Stratholme|
Since Prince Arthas first encountered the Scourge abominations, they have become even more menacing. Meathook has grown stronger, more toxic and more agile than the others. Smarter was never the goal of the necromancers who created Meathook, but it only takes a base cunning to do what he does best.
Attacks and abilities
- Constricting Chains — Meathook encases a player in chains, inflicting Physical damage every 1 sec. and stunning the target for 5 sec.
- Disease Explusion — Meathook belches out a cloud of disease, inflicting Nature damage and interrupting the spell casting of all players within 0 yards for 4 sec.
- Frenzy — Meathook goes into a frenzy, increasing Physical damage done by 10% for 30 sec. This effect stacks up to 10 times.
On both Normal and Heroic, the boss is a simple Tank and Spank. The zombies that surround it may trouble the healer, but should be easily tanked. Healing consumables for the DPS or use of a backup healer may be necessary in case the healer cannot keep up with the damage output of the boss, although this is far from certain. The DPS and tank must be aware of the possibility that the healer will be hit by constricting chains, and thusly unable to heal. The encounter may be simplified by tanking the boss against the wall, with the healer out of line of sight, and thus unable to be hit by the chains.
Rogue anesthetic poison will not remove Meathook's Frenzy.
It has been confirmed that the Constricting Chains on Heroic Mode will hit the party member with the least amount of aggro on the boss. If your healer is light on threat then they will always be hit and thus makes the fight extremely difficult. Hunters and Rogues can misdirect threat onto the healer when it is safe and will not cause them to pass the tank, or various DPS can use a cooldown to wipe aggro and take the bottom to soak the chains.
Constricting Chains seems to be linked to both threat and distance. Threat alone does not seem to dictate who he will chain.
- Play time!
- New toys!
- Killing a player
- Why you stop moving?
- Get up! Me not done!
- This not fun...
- Meathook is voiced by Dave Mallow.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.