|Menethil Harbor post-Cataclysm|
|Type||Small city, Port|
|Affiliation(s)||Kingdom of Ironforge, Alliance|
|Formerly||Alliance of Lordaeron|
|Status||Active, partially flooded|
Menethil Harbor (men-a-thill) is a dwarven port town on the western shore of the Wetlands, on a small island. It has a boat that sails to Theramore Isle in Dustwallow Marsh, on the continent of Kalimdor, and an icebreaker that goes to Valgarde in the Howling Fjord on the continent of Northrend. Within the city are many vendors; a First Aid trainer, the Deepwater Tavern, and a gryphon flight master. Besides the keep there is also a blacksmith and an inn.
Menethil is a rough place that plays host to sailors, travelers, smugglers, and pirates. Except for the bridge, the only other ways of entering the town is by sea or by a secret underground path leading from the town to the mainland.
The place that would later be known as Menethil Harbor was originally chosen by Orgrim Doomhammer to be the place where his invasion fleet would be built. Sailing straight to the Hillsbrad Foothills would let the Old Horde avoid the ground defenses of the Alliance of Lordaeron.
After the Second War the area was conquered and rebuilt as an Alliance harbor town under the direction of Admiral Daelin Proudmoore, named Menethil Harbor in honor of the king of Lordaeron, Terenas Menethil II. The forces of the Horde of Draenor attacked the harbor in order to steal ships and set sail for the Tomb of Sargeras.
World of Warcraft
Night of the Dragon
|This section is a lore stub.|
With the Cataclysm, Menethil Harbor was partially flooded but continued to be inhabited. The docks now float and sandbags are set up throughout the town. Many of the town's inhabitants currently reside on small islands or within rowing boats, and the keep has been taken over by Dark Iron dwarves. Most of the right side of Menethil, as you enter the town, has been sunk or destroyed. The Maiden's Virtue, the ship that has been docked at Menethil Harbor for the past five years, has also sunk beneath the waves.
Trainers and vendors
- Innkeeper Helbrek <Innkeeper>
- Unger Statforth <Horse Breeder>
- Telurinon Moonshadow <Herbalism Trainer>
- Stuart Fleming <Fishing Supplies>
- Shellei Brondir <Gryphon Master>
- Samor Festivus <Shady Dealer>
- Neal Allen <Engineering Supplies & General Goods>
- Falkan Armonis <Reagents>
- Dewin Shimmerdawn <Alchemy Supplies>
- Jennabink Powerseam <Tailoring Supplies & Specialty Goods>
- Harold Riggs <Fishing Trainer>
- Murndan Derth <Gunsmith>
- Brak Durnad <Weaponsmith>
- Bethaine Flinthammer <Stable Master>
- Naela Trance <Bowyer>
- Edwina Monzor <Bowyer>
- Kersok Prond <Tradesman>
- Gruham Rumdnul <General Supplies>
- Fremal Doohickey <Bandage Trainer>
- Brahnmar <Armorer>
The subject of this section was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.3a but is present in Classic.The subject of this section was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 3.0.3 but is present in Classic.
- Vincent Hyal
- Valstag Ironjaw
- Thomas Booker
- Tarrel Rockweaver
- Tapoke "Slim" Jahn
- Bart Tidewater <Captain of the Maiden's Virtue>
- Red Jack Flint
- Maiden's Virtue Crewman
- Murphy West
- Ludin Farrow <Dockmaster>
- Lieutenant Timothy Clark
- Junder Brokk
- Hargin Mundar
- Camerick Jongleur <Wandering Minstrel>
- Andrea Halloran
- Jesse Halloran
- Regina Halloran
- Adam Lind
- Mikhail <Bartender>
- Gimlok Rumdnul
- Caitlin Grassman
- Archaeologist Flagongut <Explorers' League>
- Menethil Peasant
- Horghast Flarecrazed
- Dark Iron Smouldermage
In the RPG
Menethil Harbor is the only stationary Alliance presence in the Wetlands, a small well-fortified city that numbers a little over ten thousand souls. This major port city represents the Alliance presence in the Wetlands. Alliance forces established the current Menethil Harbor at the end of the Third War as the main sea link between Khaz Modan and the kingdoms of Alliance, but the area is still wild and untamed.
Murlocs and Dragonmaw orcs are a constant threat to its citizens, who are braver and sterner than their kin. Captain Stoutfist, the town's military leader, can be found in Menethil Keep working to repel the Dragonmaws. The captain is particularly concerned because the orcs seem to be preparing for a major assault.
Notes and trivia
- Menethil was home to Captain Placeholder who would instantly teleport players to Auberdine. He was a favorite of most players but was removed when the boats were added. Due to a glitch, they had to reinstate him until an April 2005 patch. He was so popular that fans made a petition to reinstate him and others made a song called Lament of Captain Placeholder. While he has not appeared again in the game (and likely never will, if Blizzard can help it), he has appeared in the WotLK and MoP betas.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Flooded, Dark Iron dwarves added to keep, Maiden's Virtue destroyed.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): Boat to Valgarde added.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Boat to Auberdine removed.
- Hotfix (2005-04-22): Captain Placeholder removed.
- Hotfix (2005-01-21): Captain Placeholder added, until the bugged boat to Auberdine is fixed.