|Improvements||, , , ,|
- "Shadow priests, mon . . . dey can melt faces." — Ta'zo
While initially available to all priests, replaces Mind Blast at level 19 for Holy priests.
Mind Blast features an additional rank for discipline and shadow priests. Though both classified as "Rank 2", they provide separate effects.
- Rank 2 — Discipline: Mind Blast prevents the next (300% of spell power) damage dealt by the target. Available at Level 18.
- Rank 2 — Shadow: Mind Blast's cooldown reduced by 7.5 seconds. Available at Level 13.
- Haste reduces the cooldown of Mind Blast.
- While is active, Mind Blast gains a second charge, and its remaining cooldown is refreshed upon activation.
Tips and tactics
- Mind Blast is a key part of any shadow priest rotation, and should generally be used on cooldown. As well as dealing substantial damage, it is critical for generating insanity for use with .
- Mind Blast is a basic Priest spell in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "This spell blasts you directly in the MIND."
- Prior to Patch 2.0.1, Mind Blast used to cause 100% additional threat, significantly limiting its use in PvE.
- Though Shadow priests no longer use mana as a resource for damage, Mind Blast was again given a mana cost in Patch 9.0.1.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 9.0.1 (2020-10-13): No longer exclusive to Shadow priests and now available at level 5 (down from level 10). Cooldown increased to 15 seconds (was 7.5 seconds). Mana cost added. Insanity generation reduced to 8 (was 12) for Shadow.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Insanity generated reduced to 12 (was 15). Cooldown reduced to 7.5 seconds (was 9 seconds). Now benefits from .
- Hotfix (2017-06-13):
- Mind Blast damage increased by 13%.
- Mind Blast damage increased by 30% in PvP situations.
- Patch 7.1.5 (2017-01-10): Now generates 15 Insanity (was 12).
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Now learned at level 10 (was 16).
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Damage increased by 50%. Mana cost removed. Now generates Insanity instead of .
- Patch 6.2.2 (2015-09-01): Now deals 10% more damage. In PvP combat, Mind Blast now deals 10% less damage.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Cooldown is now reduced by haste, but its base cooldown is now 9 seconds (up from 8 seconds).
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now a Shadow specialization ability, and generates one Shadow Orb. Spell visual animation changed.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Mind Blast damage done has been increased by 12%.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Casting an instant Mind Blast immediately following a should no longer cause Mind Blast to not benefit from the last cast of Mind Spike.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): No longer generates bonus threat.
- Patch 0.9 (2004-08-17): Now has a short cast time.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Damage slightly reduced.