- Not to be confused with Molten Fields.
- For more information on the dailies and associated quest chain, see Firelands Invasion.
|Level: 30 - 50|
Molten Front loading screen
|Type||Elemental plane of fire|
Fire elemental |
Night elf (Druids of the Flame)
|Former ruler(s)||Ragnaros †|
|Minor settlements||Malfurion's Breach|
|Affiliation||Ragnaros, Deathwing, Old Gods|
|PvP status||Contested territory|
The Molten Front is a daily zone located within the Firelands. Briefly glimpsed during the Elemental Bonds questline, it can only be accessed upon completing , which requires 20 Marks of the World Tree.
Like much of the Firelands, the area is a fiery barren wasteland filled with volcanoes, fields of fire, and pools of lava. To the far east the main area of the Firelands can be seen. Aside that, the creatures here are mostly magma worms, flame spiders and hell hounds. The most notable of these creatures are the gemmed ocelot Skarr and the diamond crab Karkin.
Maps and subregions
Regions adjacent to the Molten Front
|Zone Name||Faction||Level Range||Direction||Access|
|Mount Hyjal||80 - 90||Via Portal|
- Main article: Molten Front NPCs
- Avengers of Hyjal (although represented by the Guardians of Hyjal)
- Druids of the Talon
- Shadow Wardens
- Druids of the Flame
- Main article: Molten Front quests
The Molten Front is a new level 85 daily questing zone similar to the Isle of Quel'Danas, in which it phases as quests are completed. However, unlike Quel'Danas, this area will phase by player progression - not by server progression.
See also: http://www.wowhead.com/guide=58/
- Fire elementals
- Fire hawks
- Fire revenants
- Fire scorpions
- Fire spiders
- Hell hounds
- Lava worms
- Molten giants
- Flying mounts do not work here, like in the other areas of Firelands, due to the dense, superheated air which was first mentioned while in the Firelands Hatchery.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2016-07-22): Restored some daily quests that had gone missing from the Molten Front.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Added.