- For other uses, see Mongoose (disambiguation).
- Requires Enchanting (375)
- Permanently enchant a melee weapon to occasionally increase Agility by 60 and haste by 15. Cannot be applied to items higher than level 600.
- In the tooltip, the phrase "slightly increases attack speed" means 30 Haste Rating.
When Mongoose was introduced, it granted 2% Haste. That was changed to 30 Haste Rating which, under the level 70 conversion, produces 1.9% Haste.
- Lightning Speed can be active only once for each weapon enchanted with Mongoose.
This means if a player is dual wielding and both weapons are enchanted with Mongoose, there can be two Lightning Speed buffs active. In that case, their effects stack additively.
If the enchant procs again before the previous buff has expired, it will refresh the existing one.
- Although the supposed proc rate is approximately the same as Crusader (1 ppm), this enchant can proc multiple times in a row even on 2h weapons. It does not appear to have a hidden cooldown. The proc is most likely normalized to 1 ppm, but not strictly bound to it.
- When Mongoose procs, the player will be surrounded by beams of red light shooting upward, and crossed swords will appear over the player's head. A brief "swoosh" sound will accompany the proc.
- Mongoose will not proc off ranged attacks, only melee.
- The Mongoose will proc on Off-Hand even with no Main-Hand enchant.
- One of a few BC enchantments still used in Wrath content.
- This enchant will proc off the Rogue ability
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): This enchant will give the weapon an aqua blue glow, lightning pulsing every other second, that shimmers across the weapon periodically.
- Hotfix (2007-03-16): The haste effect from the Mongoose enchantment no longer reduces damage.