- Not to be confused with Morbent Fell.
|Location||Raven Hill Cemetery, Duskwood|
Morbent Fel was a named human necromancer who ruled over the undead of Duskwood from his homely house atop the Forlorn Rowe in Raven Hill Cemetery. He was guarded by his undead minions as well as a magical barrier that dampened attacks on his person. He was an ally of the Dark Riders, and was the one responsible for raising the undead in Duskwood.
In order to defeat him, one had to first remove his magical shield using . He was very hard to hit with the shield active (unless one was of a significantly higher level than him) and the quest objective to kill him would not be completed.
After the Cataclysm, Morbent Fel returned as a lich (likely in homage to the similarly-named random hero lich from Warcraft III) and was defeated once again by a group of adventurers who found the pieces of Morbent's Bane and repaired it. After his death Morbent's Bane, also known as the Torch of Holy Flame, was placed outside his home to keep the undead docile.
Although he was a lich, a phylactery is never mentioned. However all liches have one, and since his was not destroyed, he could conceivably come back.
- Presence of Death — Utterly terrifies all enemies in a selected area, rendering them unable to move or attack for 2 sec.
- Touch of Death — Drains health from an enemy, healing the caster for up to half that amount.
- Unholy Shield — Increases the caster's armor and resistance to spells.
Notes and trivia
- Whether Fel is affiliated with the Scourge and the Lich King is not stated. However, since he was an ally of the Dark Riders, who served Sargeras and therefore the Burning Legion, an affiliation with the Scourge is probably unlikely.
- According to Councilman Millstipe, Dextren Ward, a boss in the Stockade, was caught selling bodies from Raven Hill Cemetery to Morbent Fel.
- In Warcraft III, along with Ras Frostwhisper and Araj the Summoner, Morbent Fell is one of the randomly generated names for the hero unit Lich.
Judging by the surname, he can be related to Jasper Fel.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Level changed from 32 elite to 25 elite. Health and mana changed to reflect new level.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): The four guards protecting Morbent Fel have been removed.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): Morbent Fel's level was slightly reduced (from 35 to 32) to better fit the level range of Duskwood.