- Mortal Strike
- Level 5 Arms warrior ability
- Melee range
- 20 Rage
- 6 sec cooldown
- Requires Two-Handed Melee Weapon
- A vicious strike that deals (439% of weapon damage) Physical damage and reduces the effectiveness of healing on the target for 10 sec.
[Focused Rage], [In For The Kill], [Mortal Combo], [Tactician]|
Mortal Strike is a level 5 Arms warrior ability. It is one of the most powerful and important attacks in the Arms warrior's arsenal, dealing substantial damage, applying a healing debuff.
- Mortal Strike is one of Arms warriors' most powerful attacks. Arms warriors should use Mortal Strike whenever possible.
- Mortal Strike also applies the [Mortal Wounds] healing debuff. This can be useful in PvP to stop enemy healers from healing a target your group is attempting to focus fire on.
- The healing reduction effect does not stack with any other healing reduction effect.
- The 4-piece set bonus from the warrior's Tier-8.25 set, Conqueror's Siegebreaker Battlegear (level 80) gives a 10% increased chance to crit with Mortal Strike.
- Mortal Strike is a rare Warrior spell in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: ""If you only use one ability, use Mortal Strike." - The Warrior Code, Line 6"
- Hotfix (2017-06-14): Mortal Strike damage reduced by 30% in PvP situations.
- Hotfix (2017-06-13): Damage increased by 12%.
- Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13): Mortal Strike damage increased by 20%.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Damage increased by 55%.
- Hotfix (2016-03-03): Now deals 10% less damage against another player.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now replaces [Heroic Strike] for Arms warriors.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Now deals 215% of weapon damage (up from 175%).
- Hotfix (2012-09-20): Mortal Strike now does 165% weapon damage (down from 185%).
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now generates 10 Rage instead of consuming Rage. Weapon damage increased from 150% to 185%, cooldown increased from 4.5 to 6 sec.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Mortal Strike now reduces the target's healing received by 25%, up from 10%.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Mortal Strike cost has been reduced by 5 rage.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23):
- Now reduce healing by 10%, down from 25%.
- Now does 150% weapon damage, down from 185%.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Changed to an Arms Specialization ability.
- Hotfix (2007-02-13): Mortal Strike and Wound Poison (rank 4) no longer stack at any rank.
- Patch 1.8.0 (2005-10-10): Now uses normalized attack power.
- Patch 1.2.0 (2004-12-18): Mortal Strike changed to deal weapon damage + a flat amount (85, 110, 135, 160) instead of percentage-based damage. Additional ranks available on Warrior trainers.
- Patch 0.9 (2004-08-17): Now has a cooldown, damage has also been reduced.