Murder Was The Case That They Gave Me
|Start||Lieutenant Horatio Laine|
|End||Lieutenant Horatio Laine|
|Level||11 (Requires 9)|
or or |
Speak to the various homeless people occupying the Jansen Stead to gather clues about the Furlbrow murders.
- Clue #1 obtained
- Clue #2 obtained
- Clue #3 obtained
- Clue #4 obtained
Here's the deal, kid, we've got a full-blown murder on our hands. Double homicide... Single horse... icide.
Worse yet, we're in Westfall. I could throw a rock behind me and hit a dozen hobos with enough motive to want to wipe these people (and horse) out.
Now I don't know who did this and I sure don't appreciate having to come to this dump to investigate the deaths of a couple of quatters, but I'll be damned if I don't find the perp. You want to help? Go talk to some bums. The hobo... knows.
Gnolls and murlocs? Horse poopy, pal! Gnolls and murlocs didn't kill these people. I've seen what gnolls and murlocs do to people that they kill and this... isn't it. Too pretty. Too... perfect.
Furthermore, the Furlbrow's had been squatting on this farm for 5 years. No, whoever wiped them out had a reason. This is murder, plain and simple and we're gonna get to the bottom if it...
Both of the previous breadcrumb quests are optional as Laine will offer this without any prereqs.
- I ain't tellin' you nothin'
- Oh the big hero has arrived. I'm saved! Yea, right...
- You wanna talk? Pay up.
- Whaddya want?
- Get lost.
- Did you see who killed the Furlbrows?
- Maybe a couple copper will loosen you tongue. Now tell me, did you see who killed the Furlbrows?
Players have the option of choosing to ask for information without bribing, or bribing for it. The former option most of the time will just turn the hobos hostile.
- I ain't tellin' you a damn thing!
- You rich punks are all the same!
- I TOLD YOU TO PAY UP, PAL!
- You'll get nothing out of me!
- The only thing I'll tell you is to get the hell out of here!
- You got no business here, lout! Beat it!
- They died of natural causes...
- Now you've gone and done it! TIME FOR THE FIST!
However, bribing may not always work either...
- You can't buy me! DIE!
- Livin' like an animal is hard enough without your insults!
If the player picked the right choice, whichever it was...
- Listen, <pal/lady>, I don't want any trouble, ok? I didn't see who murdered 'em, but I sure heard it! Lots of yelling. Human voices... you dig? Now get out of here before I change my mind about beating you up and takin' your shoes.
- I didn't see who killed 'em, <bub/lady>, but I got a whiff. Smelled rich, kinda like you. Damn shame too. Furlbrows were a fixture around here. Nice people, always willin' to share a meal or a patch of dirt.
- Who killed the Furlbrows? I'll tell you who killed the Furlbrows: KING VARIAN WRYNN, THAT'S WHO! And he's killin' the rest of us too. One bum at a time. The only thing I can tell you is that I saw some gnolls leavin' the place a few hours before the law arrived.
- Between you, me, and the tree, murlocs killed the Furlbrows. Yep, saw 'em with my own two eyes. Think they'd been casin' the joint for days, maybe months. They left in a hurry once they got wind of "Johnny Law" and the idiot brigade over there...
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.