Players are mailed this pet by Master Handler Sylvester:
Thank you for your attending Blizzcon 2013!
As a special gift of appreciation, we would like to present you with this eager little murloc crusader.
May Murkalot lead you to new adventures across the face of Azeroth and beyond!
We're Crusaders from a fable. We dance whene'er we're able. We do routines and chorus scenes, with footwork impeccable!
- Humanoid: Recovers 4% of their maximum health if they dealt damage this round.
- +50% damage from -33% damage from
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 4|
|Level 10||Level 15||Level 20|
Murkalot's Flail is attached to a letter sent to the player's mailbox. It is only mailed once to the player's account, so whichever character that player logs on first is the character that will receive the mail. The letter and item became available in-game on November 6, 2013, at approximately 6 PM PST.
A few players have reported receiving more than one letter with Murkalot's Flail attached to multiple characters. The reason for this issue is unknown, but it may be that these extra letters are sent to the first character logged in to on that specific realm. If the player has characters on more than one realm, the player may encounter this issue. The only thing to do is to open the letter, loot the item, and delete it; Murkalot is limited to one per Battle.net account. On the plus side, the player now has multiple copies of the letter.
- The Pet Journal entry is a reference to the song Knights of the Round Table in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- The Murloc Knight card in the Grand Tournament expansion of Hearthstone appears to depict Murkalot riding a frog or toad.
- Hotfix (2013-11-21):
- Hotfix (2013-11-12): Murkalot's Righteous Inspiration should no longer incorrectly affect the entire team instead of just the swapped-in pet.
- Patch 5.4.1 (2013-10-29): Added.