Mythic Dungeon International
|Mythic Dungeon International|
|Inaugurated||July 11, 2017|
|Most recent||February 26, 2019|
|Organized by||Blizzard Entertainment|
The Mythic Dungeon International (abbreviated as MDI) is a global program that pits the best Mythic dungeon teams from across the world in a race to the finish line. This event is streamed on the World of Warcraft Twitch channel.
On January 17, 2019, MDI was rebranded from Invitational to International.
World of Warcraft esports is expanding into the fast-paced, highly competitive world of Mythic Keystone dungeons with the Mythic Dungeon Invitational. We’re looking for the best of the best from around the world to battle it out for a share of $100,000.
- Proving Grounds
Proving Grounds are a qualification period open to any player with a good standing Blizzard Battle.net account. In order to qualify for the next stage, a group of 5 players would need to team up and complete five level 14 Mythic Keystone Dungeons within a time frame. If successful, each player on the team will have their account flagged to have access to the Tournament Realm and continue onward to the Time Trials.
- Time Trials
Each team will have to make five attempts at each dungeon in a three-dungeon pool. Players are informed on what dungeons and affixes 48 hours prior to the Time Trials beginning. The dungeons and affixes alternate each week.
- Global Finals
Please add any available information to this section.
The Group Stage started on April 13 and ended on May 6, 2018.
- Weekend 1: China Group Stage Broadcast
- Friday, April 13 at 8:00 p.m. PDT
- Saturday, April 14 at 8:00 p.m. PDT
- Weekend 2: Asia-Pacific Group Stage
- Friday, April 20 at 8:00 p.m. PDT
- Saturday, April 21 at 8:00 p.m. PDT
- Weekend 3: Europe Group Stage Broadcast
- Saturday, April 28 at 5:00 a.m. PDT
- Sunday, April 29 at 5:00 a.m. PDT
- Weekend 4: Americas Group Stage Broadcast
- Saturday, May 5 at 10:00 a.m. PDT
- Sunday, May 6 at 10:00 a.m. PDT
The Time Trials started on March 27, 2018 to judge the overall skill, expertise, and flexibility of the teams in three dungeons across different difficulties.
- Dungeon 1 - +20 Maw of Souls: Bursting, Quaking, Fortified
- Dungeon 2 - +22 Upper Karazhan: Raging, Explosive, Tyrannical
- Dungeon 3 - +24 Neltharion's Lair: Sanguine, Grievous, Fortified
- February 27 - Proving Ground Week 1 – Raging, Volcanic, Tyrannical
- March 6 - Proving Ground Week 2 – Teeming, Explosive, Fortified
- Weekend 1: China and Asia-Pacific
- China: Friday, September 15 at 9:00 p.m. PDT
- Asia-Pacific: Saturday, September 16 at 9:00 p.m. PDT
- Weekend 2: Europe and The Americas
- Saturday, September 23 at 5:00 a.m. PDT
- Sunday, September 24 at 9:00 a.m. PDT
- Weekend 3: Global Top 8, Semi-Finals, and Finals
- Saturday, September 30 at 9:00 a.m. PDT
- Sunday, October 1 at 9:00 a.m. PDT
- MDI - Global Finals
- MDI - Global Quarterfinals - Part 3
- MDI - Global Quarterfinals - Part 2
- MDI - Global Quarterfinals - Part 1
- MDI - China Group Stage
- MDI - Asia Pacific Group Stage
- MDI - Europe Group Stage
- MDI - Americas Group Stage
MDI All-Stars was a special live exhibition tournament that summoned some of the best dungeon-running teams in the world for BlizzCon 2018. Blizzard brought the worlds of the MDI and the WoW Arena World Championship together in Anaheim for the first time ever.
The top four teams from the MDI Global Finals were invited to the MDI All-Stars, where they tackled the newest Battle for Azeroth dungeons live on stage in front of thousands of attendees and esports fans that watched from online. This was the first MDI tournament to feature Battle for Azeroth.
Promotional banner (Season 1) featuring Halls of Valor
Promotional banner (Season 2) featuring Darkheart Thicket
Mythic Dungeon Qualification
- ^ a b WoW Esports in 2019. Blizzard Entertainment (2019-01-17). Retrieved on 2019-03-29.
- ^ a b The Mythic Dungeon Invitational Is Coming!. Blizzard Entertainment (2017-07-11). Retrieved on 2017-10-24.
- ^ The Mythic Dungeon International Time Trial Guide. Blizzard Entertainment (2019-03-18). Retrieved on 2019-03-29.
- ^ Mythic Dungeon Invitational: Meet the Teams & Watch Beginning April 13!. Blizzard Entertainment (2018-04-12). Retrieved on 2018-04-13.
- ^ a b Mythic Dungeon Invitational: Prepping for the Time Trials. Blizzard Entertainment (2018-03-13). Retrieved on 2018-03-15.
- ^ a b The Mythic Dungeon Invitational Is Back: Get Ready for the Proving Grounds. Blizzard Entertainment (2018-02-14). Retrieved on 2018-02-15.
- ^ The Mythic Dungeon Invitational Is Back: The Proving Grounds Have Begun!. Blizzard Entertainment (2018-03-01). Retrieved on 2018-03-02.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i Mythic Dungeon Invitational Wrap-Up. Blizzard Entertainment (2017-10-12). Retrieved on 2017-10-24.
- ^ a b c Mythic Dungeon Invitational Semi-Finals and Finals This Saturday and Sunday!. Blizzard Entertainment (2017-09-28). Retrieved on 2017-10-24.
- ^ Mythic Dungeon Invitational Global Finals Begin June 22!. Blizzard Entertainment (2018-06-19). Retrieved on 2018-08-09.
- ^ World of Warcraft Esports: 2018 Plans Revealed. Blizzard Entertainment (2018-01-12). Retrieved on 2018-01-13.