- This article is about the item. For the interface in the Group Finder, see Mythic Keystone (interface).
- Mythic Keystone
- Binds when picked up
- "Place within the Font of Power inside the dungeon on Mythic difficulty."
Each keystone is attuned to a certain dungeon and upgrades it to a certain level (i.e. +2).
A player may only possess one Mythic Keystone at a time, and will only receive one per week. If the current Keystone was deleted, another one won't be available from any of the possible Keystone sources until after the weekly dungeon reset.
Acquiring the Keystone
There are three ways to obtain a Keystone:
- Complete a Mythic dungeon to receive a level 2 Keystone
- Participate in a Mythic+ dungeon using another player's Keystone to receive a Keystone
- If at least one Mythic+ dungeon has been done, open the Great Vault in Oribos after a weekly dungeon reset to receive a new Keystone
- The Keystone from the Great Vault will be at the same level as the best Mythic+ dungeon you completed last week if the dungeon was in time, one level lower if it was not in time, or a Keystone Level 2, whichever is higher
Upgrading the Keystone
If one successfully completes a Mythic+ dungeon within the time allotted, the Keystone that was used to start the attempt will become upgraded by at least 1 level. The faster one clears the content, the larger the upgrade, up to a maximum of 3 levels higher.
- Beating the timer with less than 20% remaining (e.g. less than 6 minutes for a 30-minute dungeon) results in a +1 upgrade, e.g. from 3 to 4
- Beating the timer with more than 20%, but less than 40% remaining (e.g. less than 12 minutes, but more than 6, for a 30-minute dungeon), results in a +2 upgrade, e.g. from 3 to 5
- Beating the timer with more than 40% of the allotted time remaining (e.g. more than 12 minutes for a 30-minute dungeon) results in a +3 upgrade, e.g. from 3 to 6
At the end of the dungeon run, the upgraded Keystone will be placed in the initiating player's bag. Each time a Keystone is upgraded it will select a new dungeon at random from the set of dungeons the initiating player has access to (Cathedral of Eternal Night does not follow this rule). For example, if the player who started the run has not yet unlocked The Arcway/Court of Stars dungeons, the Keystone will only choose from the remaining valid dungeons.
Changing a Keystone
Completing a dungeon after the timer changes the keystone to another (random) dungeon of the same difficulty. Resetting an in-progress dungeon downgrades the keystone by one level without changing the dungeon.
An NPC near the Great Vault offers to downgrade a keystone, and at the end of each Mythic+ dungeon to change your keystone to a different random one at the same difficulty (unless yours is a higher difficulty than the dungeon just completed).
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 8.1.0 (2018-12-11): Mythic Keystones can no longer be deleted.
- Hotfix (2017-06-15): Corrected an issue where Mythic Keystone completion failed to award an additional piece of loot for beating the timer in some circumstances.
- Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13): Mythic Keystones no longer deplete when used. They now downgrade by 1 level if a dungeon is not completed within the time limit.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.
|Legion||Battle for Azeroth|