The Naglfar (sometimes called the ship of the dead or the dread ship) is a fearsome ship, formed from sinew and bone and crewed by kvaldir, which ferries damned vrykul souls from the world of the living across the Maw of Souls to Helheim and the clutches of Helya. Skjal is its captain and Harbaron is its ferryman.
In a time before memory, the Naglfar was the prize of Helya's fleet. It has lived on to serve her once more and, in the words of Havi, "cuts through the mist unseen by the living". The kvaldir can summon her to Azeroth using the Echoing Horn of the Damned.
The ship is the main setting of the Maw of Souls dungeon.
- In Norse mythology, Naglfar is a boat made entirely from the fingernails and toenails of the dead. During Ragnarök, the ship is foretold to sail to the battlefield Vígríðr, ferrying hordes that will do battle with the gods.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.
- ^ a b
- ^ Maw of Souls#Adventure Guide
- ^ : "Yes, that's the only way. For this last one, you'll need to go to the land of the damned, Helheim. Well, not there exactly, but aboard the boat that ferries the dead across the Maw of Souls."
- ^ : "There's a ship, the Naglfar, that ferries souls from this world to the next."
Template:Maw of Souls subzones