- For the vulpera, see Neri.
|Occupation||Leader of the Unshackled, Bodyguard|
“Neri was the first of the kelfin to escape, she unified the Unshackled and made a home for them.”
- — Combat allies description
Neri was the first gilgoblin to escape the naga of Nazjatar. Following her escape, she would unite her fellow kelfin, makrura, and even sea giants as the Unshackled and make a home for them. After the Horde and Alliance fleets were destroyed by the naga, Neri would observe the Horde forces and seeing that they were enemies of the naga, and thus potential allies, she aided Lor'themar Theron, First Arcanist Thalyssra, and the Speaker of the Horde. She directed the Horde forces to Newhome, however en route the group was confronted with an astral projection of Queen Azshara. The queen boasted that Nazjatar would be the last thing they would see and promised that she would hold the waters around Nazjatar at bay as long as she remained entertained. The encounter and Azshara's anger towards the two elves surprised Neri.
With the changes to Nazjatar, Neri discovered that the Unshackled had become exposed to the naga and subsequently moved the injured deeper into the cave. To further protect her people, she directed Telur to move the calling conch deeper in the cave. Revealing that some of the scouts hadn't returned from their spying mission, Neri enlisted the Speaker to help her discover what became of them. To her sorrow, she discovered her friend Nelu Darkclaw was dead and witnessed the death Sandel Fin. However, she was grateful to have been able to save Poen Gillbrack and his makrura friend Mak. With her people better secured, Neri volunteered to join the Speaker on their adventurers.
Seeking insight into Azshara's forces, Lor'themar turned to Neri, and Neri with the Speaker would set out against them in order to rescue enslaved members of the kelfin. She and the Speaker fought side by side against the naga and discovered that naga were using Azerite weapons, that Lor'themar revealed were crafted by Lady Ashvane.
As the trust between Neri and the Speaker grew, she revealed secret areas of Nazjatar to her new friend. After learning so much by the Speaker's side, Neri revealed she had spent so long fighting the naga that she had almost lost hope but now she saw a way out of the darkness. In gratitude she gave the Speaker the she had trained from a pup, remarking that she'll make a good mount and a loyal friend.
- Combat ally
- Deep Fangs — Deals moderate Physical damage to an enemy. Advanced ability Fins of the Deep at Rank 6. (Rank 1)
- Healing Poultice — Heals an ally and increases threat generated by the caster. (Rank 1)
- Undercut — Deals light Physical damage to an enemy and disorients them. Advanced ability Shiv and Shank at Rank 10. (Rank 3)
- Fins of the Deep — Deals Physical damage to all enemies near the caster. (Rank 6)
- Lucky Snapdragon Claw — Reduces damage taken by 30%. (Rank 8)
- Shiv and Shank — Deals moderate Physical damage to an enemy and causes them to become disoriented. (Rank 10)
- Rejuvenating Wrap (Rank 12)
- Strategic Sense (Rank 15)
- Gral's Blessing (Rank 18)
- Deep Waters — There is life - and death - to be found in the deepest ocean.
- Stealth — Puts the caster in stealth mode. Lasts until cancelled.
- Good to see ya, kid.
- How do you people walk like this? My feet feel so heavy!
- Have you seen the ankoan? Impressive fighters, but a bit standoffish. Too bad. We'd be stronger together.
- Like this place? Vim named it. He thinks you should always keep something in your pocket that the enemy won't suspect. (When entering the Kelfin Pocket)
- Once we've beaten the naga, I hope the ocean swallows them up, along with everything they built.
- It's hard to image what we'll do once we don't have to fight to survive. I look forward to figuring that out.
- The ocean provides for us. We take what we find and put it to use. Might not always be pretty, but it gets the job done.
- You'll never break us. (When fighting enemies in Nazjatar)
- Let 'em have it! (When fighting enemies in Nazjatar)
- I'm counting on ya, <name>! (When fighting enemies in Nazjatar)*
- Our people are a little safer now. (After an enemy in Nazjatar is slain)
- It had to be done. (After an enemy in Nazjatar is slain)
I won't stand by and let the naga wipe us out.
- Good to see ya kid.
- Need a hand?
- Well look what the tide brought in.
- Something on your mind?
- Neri's ground mount is a silver snapdragon and her flying mount is an orange striped fathom ray.
- Neri's generic name is Kelfin Scout.
- Patch 8.2.0 (2019-06-25): Added.
- Neri's Journal
- Neri's Spot
- Neri's Wavebreaker Cuffs
- Neri's Wavebreaker Bindings
- Neri's Heavy Manacles
- Neri's Chain Manacles